Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

I hate the way people play MNC

KiLL3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KiLL3r

Seriously, Every time I play the game I see people not doing *censor* . Specially Snipers, sure they're killing  but they're not helping building/upgrading Turrets.  They tend to get the most money since they camp in there bases and get a ridiculous Kill to death ratio but yet they still lose.  I don't know why people care about there Kill to Death Ratios in team based games, specially in this one.

Also, Teams that play ALL defense. Serious, They play all defense the whole F'n Game! I played yesterday, 8 matches were like this. My team would go on the offensive through the whole match, when it got into overtime the other team would "Juice Rush" our base and taking the win. Serious, why do people play like this?!

Another thing I dislike is people picking the same damn class. This game needs a class limit, I don't want to have 4 assassin on my god damn team. Or yet I don't want the other team to pick 4 gunners or Support. ect, ect ect. I don't know why uber didn't bother with this, it makes the game unbalanced at times.

Caboose967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Caboose967

Ya, overtime Juice Rush is getting old really fast. I was once in a game where the other team was at our gates for the whole game then we went into overtime and won. Too much turtling in this game. Would like to see some new maps too and some class balances.

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thunderstarter

The classes ARE balanced, the strategy  is what kills some teams. There are ways to counter an "All Defensive" team, such as Support/Tank rush w/spawned robots. That ALWAYS works for my teams. If they're at your gates, go Assassin and kill them from behind.   This should stop any "Juice Rush" because you loose your juice upon death.  Just because the enemy knows how to work as a team doesn't mean you shouldn't.

And the sole purpose of the Sniper is to kill. That's why that character has traps to freeze you in place. I normally see Snipers upgrading their traps first and then building up the turrets.  

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mighty

Basically, I get dual miniguns on the gunner and then just build turrets from there on.
    PK_Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By PK_Koopa

I'm just fed up of getting paired with people aren't concentrating at least a little bit on taking out enemy turrets and bots, so the next thing you know I'm the only one at my base killing someone who easily guided the bots into our base while everyone else does god knows what.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By louiedog
    @PK_Koopa said:
    " I'm just fed up of getting paired with people aren't concentrating at least a little bit on taking out enemy turrets and bots, so the next thing you know I'm the only one at my base killing someone who easily guided the bots into our base while everyone else does god knows what. "
    I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like everyone on my team thinks we're playing team deathmatch. All they do is kill Pros and never build turrets, spawn bots, or take down enemy turrets.
    Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thunderstarter
    @PK_Koopa said:
    " I'm just fed up of getting paired with people aren't concentrating at least a little bit on taking out enemy turrets and bots, so the next thing you know I'm the only one at my base killing someone who easily guided the bots into our base while everyone else does god knows what. "
    It's Call of Duty. I swear, it's like a virus.
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By elko84

I've played many of times where no one cares about building turrets.  They just want to go out and get kills, the only problem is, they aren't.  They are just dying.  Then the bots come and since theres no turrets, game over.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BraveToaster

A lot of people focus on getting revenge kills, instead of protecting the Moneyball. I've seen people run toward enemy lines, just to kill a specific opponent while our Moneyball is under attack. 

I enjoy playing with GB members, because they focus on the team, not their individual stats.

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thunderstarter
    @Axxol said:
    " A lot of people focus on getting revenge kills, instead of protecting the Moneyball. I've seen people run toward enemy lines, just to kill a specific opponent while our Moneyball is under attack.  I enjoy playing with GB members, because they focus on the team, not their individual stats. "
    In complete agreement with you there. A game with 12 GB members=palms sweating, heart racing, mind-blowing fun.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely think the juice rush problem needs to be fixed, but I agree with hating the way people play. It seems like most people don't know how to defend a base, as soon as the moneyball shield goes down people tend to run around like idiots not doing anything. I also think that perhaps the assassin needs a little bit of retooling: at the moment they can't instant-kill two classes at full hp (tank and gunner) and outside of the ability to OHK people the assassin has no other special powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Things will be better, not perfect, but better - when the game has been out for a month or two (yeah- that is a long wait).

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sanious

Yeah, sometimes this stuff gets annoying, but that is where you need to switch your game up a little bit to counter what they're doing. I get irritated with Snipers, but that's what they're supposed to be doing really, they're not going to be winning much running into opposite teams spawn when they can get taken out easily.  

I'm guilty about not buying turrets all the time, some games I do, some I don't. Depends how I feel like playing, if I want to rush in with a gunner and take out their turrets, I'm not going to buy turrets. What I usually do is put money into my passive skill and buy a bot, then rush in and take out as much of their turrets as I can.  I've ran into a lot of games where I've taken out turrets pretty quickly. 

I tend to stick with a few of the same classes, which is gunner/tank/sniper sometimes or assassin. I will definitely switch up if I see an influx of one class on a team.  

When you play with people who are actually do what you're supposed to do, seems like the games go pretty quick, lol. I've had a couple of less than 5-10 minute games.

Avatar image for thedukeofargyll
    TheDukeofArgyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheDukeofArgyll

This is how all team based objective oriented game play works.  No one understands how best to support the team effort so they just go kill stuff.  It happens in most FPSs and Battle Grounds in WoW.  Valve managed to convince players for the most part to work together by having a central announcer telling you what to do and other characters randomly saying what to do.  MNC seems to do this to a degree, but obviously if these are problems, more can be done to inform the player how to play his class properly and to support the team as opposed to yourself.  Then again some people are just bad....

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By MethodMan008

I play pretty much support only...  Always level up firebase and air support all the way then I spawn bots and build/hack turrets...   

I don't get a whole lot of kill but I run around attempting to be helpful healing people and such...  

I do use my mic when other people are talking, so feel free to add me.  :)  

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Moody_yeti

when i play sniper im mostly taking out the other teams defence turrets but thats just me 
    and i tend to pick a class that hasnt been picked ,again thats jus me 

have seen a few with 4 assault's etc etc  but for the most part had no troubles : / 

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17  Edited By Vinchenzo

I hate people with numbers in their name in place of letters. So... Kill3r...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

So let me sum up this thread. Hate the playa not the game.
    Also if you are playing public games then you are not going to get people trying to put in a team effort to win.

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sadisticham

This is pretty typical in any objective based multiplayer game. Kids that care about there K/D ratio and don't care if they win or lose the games.

Very frustrating for a player like myself who'll happily throw himself at the other team countless times if it buys our team some time or helps us achieve our goal.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By luce

I don't like it when people tell other people how to play a game

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By sparklykiss

Ew, no, class limits would be a terrible idea. Jesus no. The classes are balanced. You just have to work on how you play yourself and change up what you do personally. Instead of hating the game for not being exactly what you want it to be. That makes me sad.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TomyDingo

I had some duder message me laughing at my k:d after my team won the match. Frickin lame

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.