Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

I have to stop playing this game...

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By lclay

It makes me so goddamn angry. Don't get me wrong when it's good it's REALLY good and I love it but a lot of the time it just gets me so angry that it can't be good for my blood pressure. I mean seriously guys in most games it's like "Oh hey we already have two assassins on the team so if you could be a gunner or something that would be gre.... oh you say want to stab people in the neck like uh uh uh uh uh? ok then be an assassin but oh look we lost." or "HAY GUYZ!! I don't know if you've noticed but we don't have any turrets at all . I mean I built and upgraded one instead of getting my double minigun but now it's been haxxored by some arsehole support because there were no other turrets to FUCKING SHOOT HIM but I totally understand if you want to fully upgrade your dash first but oh look we lost again :(" 

To be honest, this generally happens to me with most online shooters after I've put about 20-30 hours in and I think I should really avoid playing online unless I want to suffer a stress related stroke. Does anyone else get super angry when playing this game or any other online game or do I just have issues? 

Thus ends my first blog post.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lclay

It makes me so goddamn angry. Don't get me wrong when it's good it's REALLY good and I love it but a lot of the time it just gets me so angry that it can't be good for my blood pressure. I mean seriously guys in most games it's like "Oh hey we already have two assassins on the team so if you could be a gunner or something that would be gre.... oh you say want to stab people in the neck like uh uh uh uh uh? ok then be an assassin but oh look we lost." or "HAY GUYZ!! I don't know if you've noticed but we don't have any turrets at all . I mean I built and upgraded one instead of getting my double minigun but now it's been haxxored by some arsehole support because there were no other turrets to FUCKING SHOOT HIM but I totally understand if you want to fully upgrade your dash first but oh look we lost again :(" 

To be honest, this generally happens to me with most online shooters after I've put about 20-30 hours in and I think I should really avoid playing online unless I want to suffer a stress related stroke. Does anyone else get super angry when playing this game or any other online game or do I just have issues? 

Thus ends my first blog post.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

You should find some friends to play with so you don't have to worry about an unbalanced team. Enter your info on the Giant Bomb Player List thread.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

Laugh at things more.  
    "Everyone's gone assassin and support but no one's building turrets, ha, that's pretty funny, we'll probably lose but this is pretty fun anyway." as opposed to "WARGHARABABAL damn Assassin idiots etcetera blabla" . 

It helps. 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

As a gunner, Assassins are easy to deal with. i just do my slam, it reveals and stuns them. If you engage them first, you will win 90% of the time.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lclay
    @TheBeast said:
    " Laugh at things more.  "Everyone's gone assassin and support but no one's building turrets, ha, that's pretty funny, we'll probably lose but this is pretty fun anyway." as opposed to "WARGHARABABAL damn Assassin idiots etcetera blabla" .  It helps.  "
    That's pretty good advice. I'll try to see it more like that. 

@EpicSteve
    said:
    " As a gunner, Assassins are easy to deal with. i just do my slam, it reveals and stuns them. If you engage them first, you will win 90% of the time. "
    Oh I play a lot of gunner and assassins are no problem, unless they are particularly sneaky, which most of them aren't!
    Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheBeast said:
    " Laugh at things more.  "Everyone's gone assassin and support but no one's building turrets, ha, that's pretty funny, we'll probably lose but this is pretty fun anyway." as opposed to "WARGHARABABAL damn Assassin idiots etcetera blabla" .  It helps.  "
    this
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By elko84

Dude, this is constantly happening to me more and more.  I dont know how many games I've played now where we will have 4 assassins on the team...seriously?  Do you think we are going to win?  No.  Does anyone change?  No.  Now I could understand if they were actually GOOD at playing the assassin, but no.  Hell one guy at the end of the match was 1 and 12.  And NO ONE will build turrets or spawn bots!  I don't understand these people.  I totally get upset!

Caboose967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Caboose967

Hate people that just do support or assassin. Grinds my gears. Game is so easy to play but everyone fails at it some how.

ThomasJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ThomasJay

If you know you're going to lose because of moronic teammates, pick a class you're not so familiar with and consider it a practice session. That's how I've kept my sanity playing with randoms.

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Tomkang

All support is funny and good :D. Hack the Longshot Turret and run in to their base with another support healing you and hack six of their turrets.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.