Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

Is this game still going?

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By takua108

Hey all. Apparently the IT department at my college cranked up the Internet speeds, because now I'm getting an actually usable connection speed instead of 10kbps like I was getting a week ago. Now that my Internet connection is usable, I want to get into MNC, a game I skipped over solely because of its online focus and my lack of online ability here at my school. 

My question is this: is MNC still alive and well? The last forum post here was made a week ago, so I'm just making sure. :)

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mfpantst

Good question.  I haven't played in a while.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Well, Uber was supposed to do a patch and some free DLC (they showed all this at PAX), but I've yet to hear anything about it.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TomyDingo
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " Well, Uber was supposed to do a patch and some free DLC (they showed all this at PAX), but I've yet to hear anything about it. "
    Yeah, I've been waiting for the patch and/or DLC for awhile but haven't heard any updates.
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By louiedog

It's still going. It's easy to find games. Hell, Blacklighht Tango Down is a multiplayer focused shooter that came out a few months ago and when I checked earlier this month there were still quite a few people playing. 

The only problem with MNC is that there seems to be a huge disparity between people who understand the classes and how to play and those who don't. I feel like I always end up on a team where either only one other person understands how to play and we get dominated or the other team is full of people who don't understand the game and we dominate them. It's not even a function of how much you've played. I see people at level 80 who won't build or touch the annihilator, but there are people at level 10 who do fine.

I definitely say give the game a try, and don't hesitate to buy if you like it. It seems like the team is committed to supporting it and the community is going strong. Yesterday, Major Nelson released the XBLA sales list for last week and the game is still high on the list, so I wouldn't worry about people leaving too soon.

scubasteve2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scubasteve2010
    @louiedog said:
    " It's still going. It's easy to find games. Hell, Blacklighht Tango Down is a multiplayer focused shooter that came out a few months ago and when I checked earlier this month there were still quite a few people playing.   The only problem with MNC is that there seems to be a huge disparity between people who understand the classes and how to play and those who don't. I feel like I always end up on a team where either only one other person understands how to play and we get dominated or the other team is full of people who don't understand the game and we dominate them. It's not even a function of how much you've played. I see people at level 80 who won't build or touch the annihilator, but there are people at level 10 who do fine. I definitely say give the game a try, and don't hesitate to buy if you like it. It seems like the team is committed to supporting it and the community is going strong. Yesterday, Major Nelson released the XBLA sales list for last week and the game is still high on the list, so I wouldn't worry about people leaving too soon. "
         Unfortunately I find this to be the case many times. However I find this game has one of the best communities and maturity levels of players I have come across in quite a while. I probably have 15 to 20 people on my friends list that I have meet just through this game. It's very easy for me to round up a full group of six to laugh and joke as we wade into combat. Like mentioned before, matches are still found quickly. I will warn you that the matchmaking is still very buggy. Lots of dropped games if host quits and teams being split up. I think it speaks to how much I still enjoy the game that I look past many of it's problems. Fingers crossed though to address the glaring technical issues.
    Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Malakhii

try the trial, if you like it, buy it. 

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By johnzimmerman

i bought both mnc and blacklight if only to support the devs.

Vintoks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Vintoks
    The game is alive and well and the first major DLC (free) coupled with more patch fixes are coming out in early November.
    Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Onno10

Bump! 
    I plan on buying this for the pc, but there wouldn't be any point if the online was dead.
    Can someone please tell me if it's still going?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.