Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

Anyone still play?

Woowookins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey folks.

I'm just recently back into MH3U. I don't have a 3DS, so I'm not getting MH4U (yet...), so I was wondering if there's anyone out there who's still playing MH3U. I'm HR1 still, haven't messed around much in the multiplayer, as I'm working on getting every armor in the solo game (I just finished Rathian armor last night), but it gets lonely, and I'm looking for a few folks to play online with, or a community to talk about it with. I'm not looking to have my hand held, but just some friendly people to hunt with and learn more by doing.

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing it on and off since Christmas, after a long hiatus, and might be interested in playing some online if I can find the time. I've never played any multiplayer, and not that much singleplayer either(just opened up the third area), but if we end up online at the same time, I could be down for some co-op hunting.

NNID is "englundf"

Woowookins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll add you up. Whereabouts are you from, timezone-wise?

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gravytrain

@woowookins' I just ordered it and the game should be here in a few days, timezone is PST, NNID is "Gravytra1n". I'll be starting fresh but would definitely be down to play!

Nags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still need to go back to it. Left off at rank 3.

Woowookins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gravytrain: Haven't played for a couple of days, but just added you now, not playing anything tonight, perhaps later. I'm on GMT+1, but tend to play really late in the weekends. :) You ordered MH3U right? Not MH4U? :P

@nags: Let us know when you get back in it. ;)

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7 FinalDasa  Moderator

I gave it an hour or so, enjoyed what I did play, but never went back.

I was going to try and convince my friends who are playing 4 to ditch and get into 3 Ultimate, but I don't think that'll work.

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woowookins: Yeah I'm playing MH3U. I don't usually play much on the weekends unfortunately but if I see you on I'll say something for sure!

@finaldasa: Feel free to add me if you want, you'll probably have to do some more solo stuff (I'm to about 6 hours in and still have a bit more to do solo before the first 'real' set of armor) but I'm having a lot of fun so far. I'm not sure how hard the first online quest is, but it's a monster I haven't fought yet.

MixMasterShake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just got my Wii U and am playing through Wind Waker now. Glad to see people still playing this because I nearly bought the console just to try the game when it came out. After I a through with what I have, I may jump back on here to see if anyone is still around. If not, is the game still worth picking up and playing through solo?

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I havent played MH3U in a while but me and a friend have been looking to go back for some time, dont get me wrong Monster Hunter 4 is great but i miss playing on the big screen. I'm on the same time zone as you so hit me up if you want to run some hunts, i was at the end of the game when i last played but its been so long i probably need to relearn the battles and stuff anyway. My id is Kagato

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Been a little while since I played. Feel free to add me if you want. NNID is "Steelle88".

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I was playing a bunch on Wii U leading up to the release of MH4. I'd probably be down for hopping online here and there.

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mixmastershake: I've played about 12 hours so far, with almost all of it solo and it has been fine. Regarding online, when I played last week there were over 1000 people online in the game. Most were doing high rank quests, but I was still easily able to find a game and play with some others around my rank.

MixMasterShake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MixMasterShake

@gravytrain: That's good to hear. I'm glad there is still an online community after this much time. Though, to be honest, I am sure I would have more fun with some GB duders who are more likely to be patient with a first time monster hunter. Plus, I have nerve damage in my left hand and gaming can be a challenge at times even without random people online yelling at me.

I think my mind is made up to grab this game and would love to join up with some of you guys and gals!

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mixmastershake: Everyone I've played with so far online has been pretty laid back but that was also at the lower ranks. Regarding the nerve damage, most of the action required by your left hand is in the thumb/index finger, and dodges require some input in that sense accompanied by moves from the right hand, if you have good pattern recognition I think you would be fine though. The only annoying quests are the underwater ones, but so far (thankfully) those are few and far between. I'm not sure how hard the content is at the very top end, but so far it seems like you'd get quite a few hours of it regardless since it was $20 last time I checked. I've been having an awesome time even playing by myself. It's super rewarding to take down the monsters solo.

MixMasterShake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gravytrain: Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that the skill level isn't too demanding. I can still play games like Dark Souls with the nerve damage, it just caused me to do dumb things at times because I can't feel my fingers. I actually use double sided tape to keep my thumb on the stick, but hitting the triggers can be a bit tricky at times. I have found myself Z-targeting a lot when I don't mean to while playing Wind Waker, lol. The fact that the missions in Monster Hunter have the time limit tells me that they are bite sized, which is good, b/c playing for too long without a break can cause quite a bit of pain.

Thanks so much for all the info! I will probably go ahead an order the game on Amazon tomorrow. Once I get through the tutorial and am confident I wouldn't just be an anchor, I will totally try grouping up online. Then I'll hop on and add my Nintendo ID for anyone wishing to play. Thanks guys. Been interested in the series ever since it started on PSP and am psyched to try it out now.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

yeah dont worry about about folk freaking out on you, those that play Monster Hunter understand that its a complicated yet rewarding experiance, no one is going to lose their temper with you for making the odd mistake. ^_^

Woowookins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woo! Haven't played in a few weeks I think. I saw @gravytrain had added me I believe? I'll see if I can add the rest of you once I'm done at work. Should we make a skype group? :P

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@woowookins: Yep I added you some time last week I believe!

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I just picked this up late last week. Brand new to MH so grain of salt and all that. My nintendo ID is amarriner if anyone wants to add me.

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woowookins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"4 months ago"

Oops... Well, I just logged in the other day, and saw that there were just a few people playing at all. People fully migrated to MH4U I guess?

Motorcycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do! Just picked it up on the cheap. Really fun.

Woowookins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motorcycle: Playing it still? >_< I just started it up again today and it hooked me once more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.