Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

I dont feel compelled to play this game.

pittman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently got MH3U but I dont really feel like playing it, but Ive only put about 4 hours into the game so I feel like I havent played it enough yet. Ive played generations for about 60 hours, but with mh3u I just dont feel compelled to play it. Any advice?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

You shouldn't feel compelled to play any game. If you don't like it, return it if you bought Physical. Just don't force yourself

You may have overdid if you played these games in quick sucession, or maybe you like MH on a handheld but not on console, or maybe you just like the subtle improvement Generations made over older games like MH3U.

Doesn't matter what the reason is, don't force yourself to play something you aren't enjoying. It won't work out well if you do.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

Yeah, sounds like you got what you needed it out of the series, at least for now. Probably can't return it now so leave it on the shelf and comeback when or if you get that itch, I'm sure you have other games to play,

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe you burned out on that type of game right now, you could try going back to it later when your possibly in a different state of mind

tgjessie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tgjessie

The early game of most of the Monster Hunters I've played aren't super compelling, and I'd say MH3U is definitely in that camp. It gets much better, but if you're not new to the series, the start of it is a bit of a slog, and I could see someone being repelled by it. Either power through, take it in small parts until it takes hold, or, if it's hitting too hard, just leave it. No-one is making you play it other than yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Like most things, don't force it.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come back to it another time. It sounds like you've played a decent amount of Monster Hunter before so you've given the series a fair go.

If you're looking for inspiration maybe go to the subreddit for the game. There might be people enthusiastic about it there that mention things you want to see.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Take a break from the series and maybe come back later. I played a lot of 3 and a bit of 4, and by the time generations came out I tried it for an hour and put it down. Haven't felt like going back since. They do make improvements with each iteration, but ultimately the games are very similar. It's easy to burn out unless you're super hardcore into them.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Don't play it then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.