Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

Text Blurry on 3DS Version? Turn off In-Game 3D Effects!

Fractology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fractology

If any of you are annoyed at the semi-blurry text on the 3DS version of this game, I believe it has something to do with the 3D Effects the game uses (as well as the resolution.) In twinkering around with the games settings I've noticed if you disable 3D all-together via the in game menu (not from the 3ds' slider), it makes the text more clear.

Enjoy the game!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yeah, the 3D tends to make everything look even more aliased, and I really find I don't use it except when I played Super Mario 3D Land.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Karkarov

Yeah 3d in this game strains your eyes big time anyway. Thanks for the tip!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

The 3D in this game is fantastic, so you're missing out. The text is fine for me on non-XL 3DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I really can't tell a difference in the text between on and off... Looks shitty no matter what I have set. Oh well.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Does anyone actually use the 3D on the 3DS for more than a few minutes at most? I just got one and I usually test out the 3D for a bit and then I turn it off.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Does anyone actually use the 3D on the 3DS for more than a few minutes at most?

I did, at least for Kid Icarus. Worked pretty damn well, although part of that was because I was using the stand.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Thanks for the tip. It was super annoying trying to read the text. I don't think I'll be using the 3D in this game anyway, I can't see it being very good for a game like Monster Hunter anyway.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Turning on the 3D in some games actually turns off some pixel smoothing, making things look way more jagged. In more games than not, I've turned the 3D off because of this. Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D land have been the only games that were significantly better because they were no big differences like that and the depth was well done.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Slaegar

@torrim said:

Turning on the 3D in some games actually turns off some pixel smoothing, making things look way more jagged. In more games than not, I've turned the 3D off because of this. Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D land have been the only games that were significantly better because they were no big differences like that and the depth was well done.

I think a good number of games have 2x AA with the 3D off and no AA with the 3D on.

That said. I actually like the 3D and leave it on most of the time in most games.

Edit: Just checked with the 3D stuck off. Its still not amazing, but its certainly better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.