Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 13, 2015

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is an expanded version of Monster Hunter 4.

I think i hate monster hunter, or maybe its just frustration

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, i put about 20 hours into MH3U close to when MH4U was being released, waited and now played this one, played solid for about a week straight having a great time, and i mean loving it, from farming different elemental weapons to the quests and online.

So, i put it down for about a week, and kinda sucked all of the sudden, (i only play low rank i think, i still don't get that rank thing) but today was awful for me at least. so i went to finish some odds and ends and random missions i haven't played and such and was doing the greatest.

here's the thing, i go and spend about 30,000 on a full set of Gypceros gunner armor, and a Rathalos bow (premonition 1) i think, and a lighting bow from that lightning tiger. both about 13500 each. Anyways, i thought this would maybe shake things up, however i pretty much juuuuust held myself back from throwing my 3DS across the room because idk, the weapon is so weak, maybe im doing it wrong, maybe i dont care for the game now that i finished the story (so i think) and , or that i killed the pure white version of the gore magala.

i have up to 6 star quests doe and have a few left like catch a rathalos, and hunt a rathian and rathalos at the same time, and some other random ones. is there more story missions? or do i do expeditions over and over, wait till i get a guild quest and grind out that level? i heard thats something to do with the rank

did the monster hunter vibe i was feeling go away? what is this high rank business? maybe im doing it wrong, did i waste money and the bow just plain isnt for me. i cant believe i died fighting a rathalos, but the first time i ever fought it, i barely got hit......... wtfffffffff. maybe i just need a break from it.

ps. i really like the attack priority or whatever its called, dedicated shots and committing to it, and was thinking i should get my eyes off a small screen and on my PC. i have dark souls but never played it, played maybe 15 minutes of demon souls years ago. Excuse my complete lack of knowledge on this but do the two games kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of play similar in any way, maybe give dark souls a shot? or just study for my test tomorrow

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zeik

Had you ever used a bow before you bought that one? It's quite a bit different than a melee weapon, so it will take some getting used to. It's very important to use coatings though. If you're not doing that then that would be a major reason it feels so weak. Make sure to charge your shots as much as possible too. And if you did go from melee to ranged did you change your armor? Because ranged armor has different skills.

After the credits roll there isn't really much story. At that point you're just killing tougher and tougher monsters and making better gear.

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: yea i made gypceros armor because it gives me invulnerability to poison and increased stamina for the shots. The coating though, i feel like i run through them so fast. i read somewhere there is a certain spot to take shots? and the screen shakes?

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not sure if you had just stopped playing it or assumed it stops but village missions go beyond 6 stars.

Not sure what your original weapon of choice was but I had the reverse situation. I was using a HBG (Gunner) for the first while while and wasn't really feeling it, it felt sluggish and when I got hit, the lower gunner armorset defense didn't help. And then I crafted some random set of armor set because I happen to have the pieces (rhenoplos rhino looking set that looks awful) and grabbed myself a gunlance and the game took off for me, bosses were going down faster, the fights were more exhilarating, the whole game felt more satisfying.

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lanechanger: serious eh? im still using tetsucabra armor, thinking about just getting seltas for the sharpness up and stick to melee weapons

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By NeoCalypso

Yeah the Shagaru Magala is a little more than half way through the story. The Caravan quests go up to 10 stars and there also are a bunch of caravan quests that don't unlock until you hit certain HR ratings in the Gathering Hall(with HR7 being the last one you need).

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Luca717

@neocalypso: i should have told you a few days ago but thank you, i got right back into the groove of things and just unlocked HR expeditions

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.