Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 13, 2015

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is an expanded version of Monster Hunter 4.

Oh great GiantBomb community aid me in my time of crisis!

weevils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By weevils

So here's my problem. I'm on the knifes edge of buying MH4U for my regular plain old 2DS, I already own MH3U for it and I loved it, I played up until middle high rank in the quests but I never "finished" it for lack of a better term. Should I go back and finish MH3U and absolve myself of the guilt at the risk of missing the hype train for MH4U and showing up to the party late? Or should I sacrifice the older game and just purchase and jump straight into MH4U?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@weevils: MH4U improves on 3U in a lot of ways, and it's not normal to "finish" a MH game. There's no guilt in picking up the new one, the online alone is reason enough.

Not to mention we still have tonnes of hunters doing daily hunts in our Skype group.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

Online will keep you going..buy it if you think you can play it on your 2ds okay. Try the demo first to see if it will make a difference to your old habits from 3u.

Also each game is distinct enough that I still play 3U and Freedom Unite while playing 4U so no guilt necessary..

weevils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I just picked it up and it's downloading now. I never had trouble with the controls for the 2ds on 3U so I doubt I'll have troubles now. The lock on targetting with the L button was always good enough for me.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm playing 4 on the 2DS and honestly its fine. I would go straight into 4 so that you don't miss out on the DLC exclusives and such.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Oh geez, based on the thread title, I assumed this was for something important. Like the EBA had been petrified and you needed the power of our collective belief to bring them back to life.

Loading Video...

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Get 4U. It's better in many ways - most importantly, it has no underwater combat, so that should be enough motivation.

weevils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By weevils

I will admit that under water battles were easily the worst part of 3U

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero:Goddamit that part was so cheesy I cried. And I loved it.

@weevils: You can't really "finish" a MH game. You just play until you've gotten enough out of it and get bored, and if you're already at high rank then you've seen most of what that game offers except for a few of the larger boss monsters and a couple variants. Just know that 4U is also somewhat harder than 3U if you play by yourself, but this is mitigated by the inclusion of actual online. A lot of G-rank stuff from previous games is moved to high rank now, so you'll get to see some of the content you missed in 3U earlier.

Avatar image for gronklespronkle
    Gronklespronkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero Oh my god was just browsing through and had to comment about the EBA video.... The feels....

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

Just get 4U

EDIT: NM, was skimming and missed the part where you said you're getting 4U

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.