Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

Considered the definitive second generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite includes all the content present in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and adds hundreds of new weapons, items, armor, and quests.

Whats your weapon style?

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Xeiphyer

What is your favorite weapon type when you play? Or if your new What are you liking or what do you think your going to like?

I use Gunlances a lot because I like the heavy shield and the powerful wyvern fire attack. I usually wear armor that gives me the Guard+ ability so I can block all monster attacks. Nothing cooler than blocking a gravios Nuke beam!

I also use a lot of heavy bowguns when I need a change of pace. Cluster 2 and 3 ammo are my favorite because I love the massive explosions and insane damage it can dish out to dragons. 3 shots of cluster 3 kills a low level kutku xD! Also I like the cluster ammo because you have to be good at micromanaging your ammo. Because you can only carry a very small ammount of each ammo type, you have to constantly be combining items to make more ammo while being careful to not get killed.

zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By zhinse

I'm a great sword man, but im not afraid to try other things. i want to try and learn lances and a light bowgun, but right now i dont have the sufficent materials to make anything worthwhile. The lance is really cool though. 

GigaKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By GigaKill

Long sword man, but I do want to tried all the weapons though, like you said, is kind of hard to collect all the material for the weapons and armor.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria
    @GigaKill said:
    " Long sword man, but I do want to tried all the weapons though, like you said, is kind of hard to collect all the material for the weapons and armor. "

@GigaKill:

Go try the demo. It has all the types with decent armor and weapons.

To you guys its a demo of the weapons not the game. :P

I want to get into it but I don't want to solo stuff that was actually meant for multiple people.
    Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Xeiphyer

Yeah, I have my old game data so I have a really big collection of high level weapons and armor =P So if you want to see some cool stuff Ill show ya :P Id say katanas (longswords) probably have the biggest collection of really cool looking weapons. But thats because they are all 9foot long sephiroth katanas =P

I enjoy playing with heavy bowguns but its damn near impossible to use them if your soloing anything.

Also I have been looking at the new weapons I can make by upgrading my existing ones, since they added 1 or 2 new tiers to most of the weapons in game. Theres some really insane weapons. Akantor katana upgrade has like 1580 attack. thats crazy. Ill need to get my friends together to party before I can get any of the materials though, the HR 9-12 quests are tricky.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Keeng

Honestly, I use the hell out of SnS. I played about 30 hours of Freedom 1 using nothing else and now I'm about 40 into MHFU. I took a lot of time getting really good with it and now I can't see myself changing. Occassionally my friends talk shit about how it's a weapon made for novices but I think there's a ton of skill in it. It's fairly weak, so it made me learn to balance attack and defense/evasion. I crush bosses my Bowgun and Hammer-using friends struggle with.

EDIT: Me and Xeiphyer were tied at 255 posts at the time of this writing. AWESOME
    Izecrem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Izecrem

Long sword.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I LOVE LONG SWORD!

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Driadon

I go all over the place, from long swords, great swords, hammers, dual sword and sword & shield depending on what I'm hunting. I want to give light bowguns a better go, though i need a lot more materials for the one I want.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

I just use a sword (not long, not small, but is actually almost your size).

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By jimi

Hunting horn.

No seriously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.