Monster Hunter Rise is a high-fantasy action-RPG developed and published by Capcom for the Nintendo Switch on March 26, 2021, with a later digital PC release on January 12, 2022.
It is the sixth mainline installment of the Monster Hunter series (after Monster Hunter World) and builds on the gameplay of its predecessor with new gameplay mechanics (such as the "Palamute" dog-like companion, the "Wirebug" grapple system, and the "Rampage" tower defense scenarios).
The game's story is set around Kamura Village, whose inhabitants believe that a mysterious calamity known as "The Rampage" is about to bring a large horde of frenzied monsters towards the village. Players control a customizable Hunter recruit, as they attempt to stop the Rampage from happening (later revealed to be caused by the Elder Dragons Ibushi and Narwa).
The game later received an expansion DLC, known as Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, on June 30, 2022. Along with an upgraded endgame and a new gameplay system (the "Switch Skill Swap"), it features a new story set in the far-away land of Elgado.
- Great Sword
- Long Sword
- Sword & Shield
- Dual Blades
- Hunting Horn
- Switch Axe
- Charge Blade
- Insect Glaive
- Light Bowgun
- Heavy Bowgun
- Great Izuchi
- Goss Harag
- Wind Serpent Ibushi
- Thunder Serpent Narwa
- Narwa the Allmother (added in v3.0)
- Crimson Glow Valstrax (added in v3.0)
- Apex Arzuros (originally only available in Rampage quests)
- Apex Rathian (originally only available in Rampage quests)
- Apex Mizutsune (originally only available in Rampage quests)
- Apex Rathalos (added in v2.0, originally only available in Rampage quests)
- Apex Diablos (added in v2.0, originally only available in Rampage quests)
- Apex Zinogre (added in v3.0)
New Additions (Sunbreak)
Returning Monsters (Sunbreak)
- Shrine Ruins
- Frost Islands
- Sandy Plains
- Flooded Forest
- Lava Caverns
Added in Sunbreak:
- Red Stronghold - Used for Rampage quests.
- Arena - Small battleground used for certain quests.
- Coral Palace - Small battleground used for the final boss encounter.
- Infernal Springs - Added in v3.0. Small battleground used for certain endgame quests.
Added in Sunbreak: