Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter: World

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2018

The fifth primary title in the Monster Hunter franchise features much larger maps, seamless transitions between zones in the map and four-player online co-op. It allows players from Japan and western countries to play together for the first time in the series.

Does Monster Hunter work well if you're playing with people you don't know?

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gkhan

Hey duders, I've never played a Monster Hunter but this new one is awfully appealing. None of my friends are interested, however, so I will probably be playing mostly solo, but I would like to engage with the multiplayer. Does Monster Hunter work when you matchmake with randos, without voice chat? Or is it a game that requires a bunch of coordination and planning?

As I said, if that's a terrible way to play, I'll probably just go with single-player. But it would be neat to know if the experience works.

omega99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It totally works with random players. Mostly just have to worry about spacing with some weapons with long reach like long sword and the glaive, also the bows arc shot just so you're not staggering or getting staggered by other people.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It works extremely well in my opinion. I tend to play games alone and never got any problems with the 3ds or the ps4 beta i even teamed up with a bunch off Koreans and we had a great time. There's a bunch off quick emotes / shouts on the touch pad so you can point at a direction or yell something and it get's translated to there local language. And must monster hunter players are nice in general. But they added voice chat now + the wide appeal of monster hunter world you might encounter a few jerks but hey that's online video games these days a bunch of kids yelling dumb stuff or a dude breathing heavy in a mic that's way to close to his mouth.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I played like 200 hours of 4U with randoms only, and it was fine.

Rasrimra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played with people I knew and was very reluctant to try online at first... It's fine. It's a very mild game in terms of necessary online interaction. And on Nintendo platforms the community is real sweet so I hope it's the same in World.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.