Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Rancher 2

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Feb 25, 1999

The second in the series, this game expanded upon the original CD-swapping game. Called "Monster Rancher" in PAL territories, and "Monster Farm 2" in Japan.

This very well might be my favorite video game of all time.

SquigHerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Seriously, I think I sunk years of my life into this game. It's like a more in-depth Pokemon with better breeding mechanics!

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Alright, it's not my favorite game of all time. It's probably also not the one I've spent the most time on over the years. I did play a goddamn absurd amount of this game, though, and a part of me still thinks if the series had kept improving it would have produced the greatest video game ever made. So many hours poured into this as a kid. So many CDs I dug through trying to find the perfect monster...

DjTonySnark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DjTonySnark

Oh my god. I haven't thought about Monster Rancher is years. I definitely played a ton of this series.

Did a PS3 version come out?

JakeLogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I played this once.

I made a Fairy, it flunked swimming, skipped study, and got punched so hard during it's first tournament that it suffered a mortal wound.

I wrote on it's tombstone "The one that didn't learn"

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I played the first so one so many times and I never completed the S tournaments. I had this baller wall guy (Mono, I think it was called) that would zone out every competitor with his lasers. He got really spoiled and eventually passed away before I could finish the tournaments; I didn't like him dying so I would never save past that part.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.