Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Tale

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Monster Tale is a Metroidvania-style game with a slight pet raising sim component that follows the adventures of a young girl as she seeks to liberate the Monster World from the dictatorship of some rather unsavory children.

Got it today

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By kerse

I pre-ordered and got it in the mail today, wasn't the release date the 22nd? Not that I'm complaining lol.

proflate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By proflate

where'd you order it from? :p

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

This is out?

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Kjellm87

IT'S OUT?!

I've actually been looking forward to this one, seems really fun.

reddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By reddin

Mine hasn't even shipped yet, and has to cross the Atlantic Ocean to boot :(
    Such a shame that there's not much hype for this game, and Majesco seems to have put this out there with little notice as well. 

As a side note, I came across this interview with one of the developers which I thought I'd share.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By kerse
    @Ezekeilpurger said:

" where'd you order it from? :p "

amazon 

@drag
    said:

" I'm a bit jealous I must say, can't wait to have a go with this. Post a little first impressions when you've played it for a little while won't you?   "

Its pretty great, I'm a little after the quick look and they give your blaster thing full range, but it drains a meter and the melee hit replenishes it, so its pretty fun. It looks great and I really like the music. 

EDIT: I got to the first real boss battle last night, not very hard this seems like a pretty easy game but I usually play my ds while half asleep in bed anyways so thats fine. I hate that % of game complete in the main screen, I hate it when any game does that cause it always makes the game seem a lot shorter than it probably is.
    Jumbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Jumbs

I've been wanting this game ever since I watched the quicklook. I don't think there's even a release date for Aus yet :(

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#9  Edited By beard_of_zeus

@kerse said:

" @Ezekeilpurger said:

" where'd you order it from? :p "

amazon 

@drag
    said:

" I'm a bit jealous I must say, can't wait to have a go with this. Post a little first impressions when you've played it for a little while won't you?   "

Its pretty great, I'm a little after the quick look and they give your blaster thing full range, but it drains a meter and the melee hit replenishes it, so its pretty fun. It looks great and I really like the music.  EDIT: I got to the first real boss battle last night, not very hard this seems like a pretty easy game but I usually play my ds while half asleep in bed anyways so thats fine. I hate that % of game complete in the main screen, I hate it when any game does that cause it always makes the game seem a lot shorter than it probably is. "
     Yeah, Amazon was selling this like a week early, I got my copy last week. I just beat the third boss (which was actually pretty hard!) and it's definitely quite fun. Overall, I would say it is not too difficult, but there have been a couple times so far where I've gotten cocky and not saved for like 20 minutes and then died, losing some progress. Not including that time lost, the game clock says I'm 6 hours in after having beat 3 of the 5 bosses, so looks like the game is around 10 hours. Totally agree about the music - Keane's theme (I think that's the kid's name, he wears headphones and is the first boss, I think) especially is a pretty hot jam. 

Being one of the last DS games released before the 3DS, and with almost no advertising or fanfare, I'm worried it will get overlooked, which is a shame because it's quite a good game. I honestly only knew about it because of the Quick Look that was on here a while back. If anyone was intrigued by that video, definitely pick it up!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.