Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Tale

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Monster Tale is a Metroidvania-style game with a slight pet raising sim component that follows the adventures of a young girl as she seeks to liberate the Monster World from the dictatorship of some rather unsavory children.

Taken by surprise, and Monster Tale's now an automatic purchase

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Pabba

Until yesterday's Quick Look was posted, I had no idea this game even existed. And now it's become an automatic purchase, and it's only a few weeks away from coming out. I love when a retail release completely surprises me, especially during this age of the Internet where everything everywhere seems to get spoiled right away. I didn't watch the entire Quick Look as I want to discover some stuff on my own, but from the five or six minutes that I saw...wow. Looks amazing. Beautiful sprite animations, colorful, a fun use of both screens, and skill trees and RPG-esque leveling for the pet Chomp. I seriously can't wait to get this! 

Was anyone else taken by surprise by Monster Tale?
    GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By GunnBjorn

I surely am intriqued by the game. The makers also made Henry Hatsworth etc. and that game was amazing! MT is not an instant must-buy for me yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#4  Edited By Valkyr

What surprises me is the DS lack of more metroidvania games like Monster Tale.

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Pabba

I haven't got to try Henry Hatsworth yet, but if I really enjoy Monster Tale then I might have to track down a copy. Heard it was a really tough action puzzler.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I was sold the second they said from the makers of Henry Hatsworth.  I only wish it has the awesome Tea Time theme in the game.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Rayeth

Hatsworth is a great game.  I'm sure you can pick it up at bargain prices these days. 

I am also intrigued by this type of game.  I like that it is low impact with the touchscreen usage too.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Dreamfall31

Definate for me.  Ghost Trick, this, and Okami Den are causing me to pull my DS out again!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I never heard of this game until I watched the quick look today. I am sold now as well. I love metroidvania-style games. I agree, it's surprising you don't see more of them on the DS. And this game looks extra cool because it has that classic SNES-esque, cartoony art style to it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

I really hope Brad reviews the game.  The game looks great.

reddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By reddin

Just put in my pre-order :)
    I also hadn't heard of it until the Quicklook, but was instantly sold. Metroidvania is definitely an itch that doesn't get scratched enough.
    Took out my DS for the first time in ages for Ghost Trick, and when I finished that I instantly got hooked on Picross again, so it'll stay out for a while longer it seems.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.