Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 16, 2008

The supernatural kombatants of Mortal Kombat collide with the superheroes of the DC Universe in this crossover fighting game by Midway.

Can MK vs DC save Midway?

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Manks
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Midway has made good and bag games over the years, but I don't want them to die out, and I doubt they will. I'll probably buy MK v.s. DC Universe even though I kinda suck at fighting games, the game concept intrigues me, and I want to support them..

And if they do get so low that they're close to going completely under, the game industry tends to buy out failing companies with good IP's and history.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By jakob187

No.  Midway needs to merge somewhere or die off already.  They bully their development teams (see Stranglehold, Area 51: BlackSite, and Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows) and produce lukewarm games that can't get with the times.  Hopefully, Boon will take the franchise elsewhere someday.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

I doubt it. Like jakob187 said, pretty much no Midway game has been good for a long time and MK vs. DC just reeks of desperation to a lot of people, not to mention how the game itself still looks as clunky and outdated as the last MK games, so I can't see it pull them out of any kind of crisis and, to be honest, I don't care.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince

They need to merge with a new company and make a brand new company with a new name. I think Midway has sort of tarnished there own name with the mediocre game line up so they need to make a new company and start out strong!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By jakob187
    LiquidPrince said:
    "They need to merge with a new company and make a brand new company with a new name. I think Midway has sort of tarnished there own name with the mediocre game line up so they need to make a new company and start out strong!"
    They won't start out strong.  They have outdated franchises that they fail to give a good facelift because, again, they bully their developers around.  I talked to Romero for hours on WoW about how bad they fucked him over on Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows because he wasn't making another Dark Legacy or Legends.

At least they have nice PRs though.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
    jakob187 said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "They need to merge with a new company and make a brand new company with a new name. I think Midway has sort of tarnished there own name with the mediocre game line up so they need to make a new company and start out strong!"
    They won't start out strong.  They have outdated franchises that they fail to give a good facelift because, again, they bully their developers around.  I talked to Romero for hours on WoW about how bad they fucked him over on Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows because he wasn't making another Dark Legacy or Legends.

"
    Okay, what is it with you and trying to oppose me on everything I say? You have no idea that if Midway makes a new company by merging with another company, whether or not they can start out strong. They can start with a new IP, and that could get the ball rolling. Also, this is the adult business world... You don't "bully" people...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    LiquidPrince said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "LiquidPrince said:

"
    Okay, what is it with you and trying to oppose me on everything I say? You have no idea that if Midway makes a new company by merging with another company, whether or not they can start out strong. They can start with a new IP, and that could get the ball rolling. Also, this is the adult business world... You don't "bully" people...

"
    Sorry to say but its a term used to exemplify what companies do to their devs, Basically it means long hours, no breaks and you better get this done on its your job. Weither a new company made from Old MK folks or not comming out strong isn't the point midway is nortorious for being a small company but trying to use EA tactics EA atleast has multi million dollars behind the projects enough to cover up their ""bullying"" of devs where as midway does not.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Emilio

I hope it doesn't.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm

I'm not going to lie, MKvDCU looks like absolute ass and like others have mentioned, still looks clunky and outdated.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Systech

No single game can save a company unless it sells on a Halo-like scale and I don't see it happening, although Midway will hopefully stay afloat.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Vinchenzo

Nah, MK vs DC looks like trash and will probably undersell a great deal, especially sandwiched between more "important" titles.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By toowalrus

I really hope this game does good, I haven't played a MK game in awhile, but I'm gonna pick this one up. It looks great, My only disappointment is the T rating.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shadows_kill

i may get the new mk but more than likely next year when its a greatist hit or w/e

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrfluke
    they need to sell at least  1 million copies to stay afloat properly
    Sunaliba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sunaliba

It sold well but the company needs more ]

It is great .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.