Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 16, 2008

The supernatural kombatants of Mortal Kombat collide with the superheroes of the DC Universe in this crossover fighting game by Midway.

Mortal Kombat vs DC early release at Blockbuster?

NeuroticOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NeuroticOwl

I don't know if this is the same anywhere else, but the game is already out at Blockbuster in Indiana.  Apparently they made a mistake but they let me rent it anyway.  Playing it right now.

It's cool.  Control is kinda floaty and the animations are still stiff but I like it so far.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Awesome. They do that occasionally. My Blockbuster did it with Mercs 2, which ended up being pretty lousy, unfortunately.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Blockbuster puts games out on the shelves as soon as they get them, unless it's a game that they have a street date for, like Halo 3 or Gears 2 had.

Derios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Derios
    NeuroticOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NeuroticOwl

Problem now is that I wanted to see how they edited the Joker's fatality, but I can't seem to pull it off.  I think the 360 controller is definitely a detriment to the game.  The stick is easier to use to pull off the specials, but you can't jump or duck with it. 

Kitana's fatality just changed where the fans hit the opponent.  I think they were originally supposed to hit the head.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

FYE sold the game saturday night along with every other sunday release. And they didn't just put the cases out either, they had the actual game of GHOTD on the shelf.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

I've never seen a game early at BB...usually they get games a few days late (around Thursday).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.