Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

The tenth installment of the bloody and storied fighting game franchise picks up decades after the events of the 2011 franchise re-boot, as new and returning kombatants fight throughout the realms over the power of an imprisoned evil.

Brutalities Confirmed

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

On the most recent stream of the game by Netherrealm they officially confirmed and showed off Brutalities. They appear to instantly kill the opponent after a long combo, just like the old games. Only difference is that they don't explode in to 10 ribcages. The hype for this game continues to build...

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm a little confused about Brutalities. Can you do them in the 1st round? Is just after any long combo? What is considered 'a long combo'?

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: They didn't say much about them, they just showed that you can do them. But I missed the beginning of the stream so they could have said something then.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm also confused, are they less gratuitous than fatalities?

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By supermonkey122

@rollingzeppelin: Yes, they usually just involve someone getting their arms ripped of or just ripped in half (tame for MK lol)

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By FLStyle
    @supermonkey122 said:

@lukeweizer: They didn't say much about them, they just showed that you can do them. But I missed the beginning of the stream so they could have said something then.

As said on the stream, if you meet a given brutality's requirements during the match and then do the correct attack, throw or special move, the attack, throw or special move animation will continue into the Brutality. It can only be done at the end of the 2nd round and its purpose is to completely replaces the Finish him/her end of the match.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They said 100+ brutalities for 24 character......4+ for each? It looks really cool. I was whatever on the idea before the stream but after I'm thinking about having an opponent with low health and just the options of ending a match. Also I like how all of them (so far) are just special moves that end up deadly (Sub Zeros ice daggers, Scorpions ex-spears, Kung Lao's hat throw, Raiden electric grab). Its a nice little extra thing for the people that want to learn it. I'm getting very excited for this game.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like MK9 the gore looks really cool but I still can't shake thinking the animations look a bit goofy when actually fighting. I was hoping they'd finally address this.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks like a fun little extra touch, i cant wait for this game.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really like how natural they look, as part of a fight. They don't look nearly as contrived as a regular fatality, which looks pretty darn cool.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

They also mentioned that there are going to be hidden brutalities and that they will all require some specific sort of setups to do to be able to do them.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nut punches that spontaneously cause heads to fall off, sounds like MK to me.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hassun

@fredchuckdave: As long as they are accompanied by the high striker carnival game bell sound.

I think the Brutalities are a good idea to keep the flow of the game going while still being able to brutally execute/humiliate your opponent.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Still holding out for Animalities.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

I'm gonna try and get into this one. I thought MK9 had really poor animations and looked cheap, so I never really grew to like it. This looks much better and I managed to get a pre-order for just $35 on Steam.

Street Fighter IV will still be my go-to fighting game but this'll be a fun distraction, I'm sure I'll pick it up very fast as I'm proficient in SFIV and KOF's combo systems which I know are both more advanced than MK9.

Hopefully the online works as I heard bad things about MK9 at least around launch, a lot of it might have been relating to the DLC characters locking people out as opposed to netcode issues.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little confused about Brutalities. Can you do them in the 1st round? Is just after any long combo? What is considered 'a long combo'?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@lukeweizer said:

• You cannot do them in the 1st round, you can only do them at the end of the match, whether that's the 2nd round in a 2-0 win or the 3rd round in a 2-1 win.
    • Brutalities in MKX replace everything in a match from "FINISH HIM/HER!" onwards. They are not the same as UMK3/MK Trilogy
    • The Brutality animation in MKX is the exact same animation as a throw or special move, except the animation will continue into a fatality style death, minus cinematic camera angles. This includes during combos, because a brutality in MKX is done during the match, to end the match specifically, not after the match has ended and you're on the FINISH HIM/HER section, because as I previously mentioned, brutalities replace FINISH HIM/HER
    • Each brutality has a set of conditions you must satisfy, like do 5 throws during a match, or 10 regular hits or something

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.