Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

The tenth installment of the bloody and storied fighting game franchise picks up decades after the events of the 2011 franchise re-boot, as new and returning kombatants fight throughout the realms over the power of an imprisoned evil.

Tanya Combos (Kobu Jutsu)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Since @starvinggamer has abandoned us in our hour of need it falls to me once again to put forward a sketchy combo video. Behold!:

The one bar 35/37s are both quite difficult so I'm surprised I actually did them consecutively without failing; I guess that's what you get for playing Tanya for 25 hours or so. After 50 seconds its just sloppy stuff but I thought it was worth including both to demonstrate how weird the EX teleport is even if you're good at doing it and how dumb the hitbox on 34 ("Dark Worship") is. Kobu Jutsu is the most difficult to play but I guess from MIT's performance might be the best (in general, pyro is better at a lot of things) once people figure out how to blow up Dragon Naginata (not too difficult with certain characters). I'm pretty sure backloading the front end of the first combo (without the meter burn) winds up doing 38% but the timing on the second juggle is very odd and you might have to delay one of the rekkas as well. The 3 bar combos are just for shits and giggles, also they're fun to do.

Every Tanya should learn the raw EX teleport to 29% conversion since it's the best wakeup in the game, might not be completely optimal but it's relatively close.

We're going to see A LOT of tanya at CEO so now you can see what combos are optimal and not sort of, there's a ton of dropping go on from REO and MIT but they seem to keep up the pressure well anyway and for some of them I believe it's intentional just to get a better oki situation. Tanya is probably going to get nerfed after that in some way though I'm not sure how you nerf her without killing the character entirely (a la Scorpion in Injustice), also on the chopping block are Tempest Kung Lao and Jax (Jax will probably get a buff and a nerf).

I was almost positive I shaved off the last second but apparently not, just pretend that it's not there and all will be well with the universe.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Man, it's tough having two kids and trying to beat the Witcher. And Batman happens on Tuesday. I get better internet in July though so I'll probably actually start playing online in the post-EVO glow and get back to vid making. Nice combos. Messed around a bit with raw EX TP, couldn't come up with much better.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Thank you, sir. I have the same problem (well, not literally) as far as trying to finish the Witcher goes, also work starts up again today. I think I'm roughly 50% done with the game though apparently there's another 100 "?'s" to explore in Skellige (I haven't even gone to 80% of the ones in Velen yet), something like 110-120 hours played so far (lots of afking). But hey I'm happy I was able to do well with Tanya, I think a few years ago I wouldn't have been able to do it very easily and would just give up on the character. Turns out playing a lot of fighting games makes you better at fighting games, maybe I'll actually be vaguely competent at SFV, though that probably won't matter much at launch.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Those first few meter combo's just look cheap, spamming the same one 3 times in a row into that flip kick thing. I thought those Jason combo's looked cheap as well, i'm not a big dlc guy so I probably won't get these characters unless they hit a major sale.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@oursin_360: It doesn't really do any damage beyond the first one, it's a relatively easy 30-32% as opposed to the difficult 35/37s, I mean you can maybe timer scam the opponent or something but that almost never happens in MKX. Actually the EX tonfa toss is mostly just useful in block strings, but you can also just teleport cancel for block pressure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.