Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

The tenth installment of the bloody and storied fighting game franchise picks up decades after the events of the 2011 franchise re-boot, as new and returning kombatants fight throughout the realms over the power of an imprisoned evil.

Worst match up?

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

So basically who are the opponents you struggle the most with? For me at the moment it Inferno Scorpion and Liu Kang. Scorpian has attacks coming from everywhere and that god damn demon grab. And Liu has such a fast high/low/overhead mix up that i cant tell where to block next. Probably doesn't help that i'm maining Ferra/Torr.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest issue was the 360 pad I was using. Replaced it last night with a PS4 pad and things went much better.

Also I hate fighting Scorpion. Always have.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Liu Kang still scares me a fair bit, often it just feels like he's melting my life bar without doing too much. As someone that likes to block a lot he can really put the hurt on with chip damage. Also a good Ferra/Torr can be really terrifying, especially Lackey. The others are bad enough with their high/low mixups but at least they have to manage Ferra. With Lackey Torr I feel as though if you ever end up in a corner it's all over. He can go any which way with high/low/grab mixups and I tend to struggle under that sort of pressure.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Maybe Sun/War God Kotal or Lasher/Shirai Ryu Takeda against Lackey Torr?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Non-Mournful Kitana is at least 7/3 against Torr; of course I play Kitana so I'm not complaining. There's plenty of characters that are in the 3-7/2-8 range against Jacqui.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People sleeping on Ferra/Tor. Also, I think Kitana is gonna end up being pretty low tier, if she's not already. I dropped Assassin Kitana in favor of Master of Souls Ermac.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I struggle the most with Cassie Cage and Johnny Cage. Especially Cassie. She constantly interrupts everything i put out. Death by harassment.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I haven't been playing a lot but I feel like Kung Jin is twice as fast as everyone else. I have had trouble hitting him at all in some games.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mileena is a trash character for trash people. I said it. Deal with it.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zella

Any zoning character against Blood/Sun God Kotal. He has like zero wake up options beside block in those variations, War God you can at least use an armored EX move if you are being pressured on wake up. His only ranged attack in those two variations is slow as hell and gets beaten by just about every other projectile in the game. If the opponent keeps you full screen you pretty much zero options except EX Sun Disc or X-Ray. The story doesn't get much better up close either as his speed makes poking really hard. I've found the only option is to try and control mid-range and just rely on playing defensively and punishing on special whiffs from the opponent as those seem to the few moves that have enough recovery for Kotal to really punish well on.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

If loving Mileena is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@viciousbearmauling said:

If loving Mileena is wrong I don't wanna be right.

If you're okay with your personal tastes being objectively worse than mine, then fine.

Of course I'm joking, but not really.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: @viciousbearmauling: Mileena is very difficult to play well so I think Mileena players should get respect, granted that doesn't make her suck less.

@hippie_genocide: Kitana is roughly in the 8th-10th region, she's the second best zoner in the game and has a lot of blowup options based off reads. Played perfectly she can beat anyone including Grandmaster Sub Zero. I have like a 94% Win Rate with her at present, can't be that low tier.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Shirai Ryu Takeda vs. any fast rushdown character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.