Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

I don't own MK yet, should I buy the Season Pass anyway?

radar5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By radar5

I haven't picked up MK yet since I don't have time to play with a one year old kid to raise. I will pick it up eventually though, so I'm wondering if I should grab the Season Pass to get the DLC discount or if the DLC will lower in price eventually along with the game eventually. Or maybe even have an updated game will come out which will include the DLC.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By SMTDante89

If you are ABSOLUTELY certain you will pick the game up I suppose so. But there have been plenty of times I planned to pick up a game eventually and it didn't quite happen.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By bibamatt

If you pick up the season pass you'll save £3.40 as opposed to buying the DLC separately. Don't bother. We don't even know who the fourth character will be... I own the game (and have bought Skarlet so far...) and am not getting the season pass. I wasn't sure about Kenshi or whoever the fourth character is so I just figured I'd get them seperately. Worse case scenario, I'm missing out on saving £3.40. I waste that everyday on shit I don't need.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The saving isn't that huge, and there is always a possibility a Game of the Year edition will come out at some point in the future, so I'd just leave it.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By soldierg654342

If you absolutely don't want to pay full price for the DLC, I would wait for the Game of the Year edition that'll have all of the characters included (no guarantees that will actually come out, but there's a good chance). I wouldn't bank on the DLC dropping in price though. 

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Bestostero

Shame on you for not having it already, get it and the season pass, DO IT!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind

No, the content is absolutely not worth the price. If you don't own the game yet, wait for a GoTY version or for the content to be discounted.

It's a really great game, but we should not be encouraging any developer to charge £5 per extra character.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By sirdesmond

The new Mortal Kombat is great and all, but I am just not really up for paying the kind of money they are asking just for extra characters so I am passing on all of the DLC for now.

If you aren't going to be picking it up anytime soon, I would probably just wait for the inevitable edition that includes all of the DLC in the box.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By TechHits

Is the kombat pass a limited time offer? 

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Disengage

@TechHits said:

Is the kombat pass a limited time offer?

I'm pretty sure it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's probably not a necessity for you. Especially without the core game. Get the game first and wrap yourself around the flow of the game. After that point you can start eyeballing extras.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.