Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

I will pay 60 real earth dollars for this game if it comes to PC

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DG991

As a person who only has a PC for gaming (and a pretty good one), I would love to play this game in glorious high digitalizepixel rezolution (otherwise known as HDR, a technical term, don't worry about it).

So yea, I think I made this thread before but just saying... I'll still buy it for PC!

bcrt2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bcrt2000

They should really release this game for PC, but unfortunately I think Ed Boon doesn't believe in PC gaming. He had nothing to do with any of the MK games that came out on PC, all of them were outsourced as far as I know. Even MK4 on PC which pretty much was a direct port of the arcade version (outside of the lower res graphics) was not handled by Midway.

I think you're better off sucking it up and picking up an Xbox 360 on the cheap if you really want to play this game (and you should-- as well as many of the other great games that haven't come to PC over the last 5 years like Red Dead Redemption). I know during this holiday season you could have spent as little as $160 in Canada to get a 4gb Xbox 360 console + MK9 brand new.

And btw, MK9 is still a fantastic looking game. Its insane that such a good looking game running on Unreal Engine 3 is running at 60FPS and actually has colours! I predict it will be one of those games that will still look good 5 years from now.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

I didnt think mole people had currency. But I doubt it will be released for PC, but then again, I have been proven wrong by many a pig.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Subjugation

How many fighting games actually make it to PC? Legitimate question here.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scarace360

@Subjugation said:

How many fighting games actually make it to PC? Legitimate question here.

enough to count on one hand.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By soldierg654342

As someone who still plays the game regularly, you don't want it on PC. The netcode is already dicey at best. I don't want to even think about what things'll be like when you introduce even more variables besides connection speed.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Appreciate your enthusiasm man. Some games just NEED a PC version. 

I would pay a lot for Red Dead Redemption on the PC.

BitterAlmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BitterAlmond

@bcrt2000 said:

They should really release this game for PC, but unfortunately I think Ed Boon doesn't believe in PC gaming. He had nothing to do with any of the MK games that came out on PC, all of them were outsourced as far as I know. Even MK4 on PC which pretty much was a direct port of the arcade version (outside of the lower res graphics) was not handled by Midway.

And btw, MK9 is still a fantastic looking game. Its insane that such a good looking game running on Unreal Engine 3 is running at 60FPS and actually has colours! I predict it will be one of those games that will still look good 5 years from now.

"We're definitely considering it. I've thought 'How many fighting game players are PC guys?' Apparently there seems to be a market for that in Europe. Since we're on the Unreal Engine, I guess it's not that much of a change from the console versions." -Ed Boon

I would be so pumped for a PC version. Save me 200 bucks buying a 360, and extra money every month not paying for LIVE. Blech.

Scofthe7seas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Scofthe7seas

Apparently he's officially stated that there would be no PC version on his twitter. Major poop. I really wanted this on my arcade cabinet. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

.....But how many Brad Bucks?

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#11  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

It's too bad Ed Boon would rather port this to the Vita than the PC. I don't even play games on PC and it still pisses me off that he cites low sales of fighting games on PC, and then releases it on a completely unproven platform that hasn't sold particularly well so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.