Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

MK9 Vita or Tekken 6 PSP?

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By figurehead00

I'm looking to get deep into a fighting game, and since I have way more time with my Vita than anything else, I'm trying to decide between the two. I thought these would be good choices since I play MK and Tekken with the pad, as opposed to all others with a stick. I know Tekken 6 is an older game, but I've been told the skills would translate to newer Tekken games. What do you suggest? Thanks!

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Legend
    @figurehead00 Out of the two, I would go with MK personally, especially if you haven't played MK9 on consoles. It's a great game, and it makes good use of Vita features.
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Absolutely mk9, sunk way more time into it, and the online is good.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Petiew

Competitive, deep systems and playing against others: Tekken 6
    Lots of single player content to keep you busy: MK9

TranceQuina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TranceQuina

In my experience, Tekken was always far more comfortable with an arcade stick, as the timing of the strings can be pretty particular and you don't want to spend any time moving a thumb around to execute stuff.  It is certainly playable on pads though.  More than that though, Tekken is too much about juggles for me, and the momentum generally moves in one direction too long for a fight to be exciting for both players start-to-finish.  It's turning into the next Killer Instinct, and the whole game is gradually turning into "Who Can Pull Off Their Ridiculous Combo First?".

MK, on the other hand, feels fantastic on a gamepad with directional buttons.  I personally feel that's the way it should be played.  The fighting is also pretty solid, and for as accessible as it is there is depth there to be delved into.  MK is a great gateway drug into fighters and a fine choice for substantial fighting in any case.  Especially if Vita is your platform, I recommend MK. 

Hope this helped!

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falconpunch

MK9

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1

MK9 for the sheer amount of content. You can find it on Vita for $20 new now if you look around while Tekken 6 is still expensive on the PSN store.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

Mortal Kombat there is really no contest here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.