Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Mortal Kombat 1 behind the scenes. Meet the digital actors.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akyho

I found this video from Gamesmaster an old Uk Gameshow that was about games and also had competitions with them. If your a hardcore old MK fan you probably already have watched these back int he day.

A little video with behind the scenes and talking with the actors that did the Digital characters. Plus The Johny Cage and Sonya Blade Actors playing Mk1.

Just thought it was a nice little slice of the 90s. Aswell I didnt know that MK had such a advertising campaign to sell it.

Edit: Found a full better version of behind the scenes.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Pretty fun to watch, thanks!

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By KaneRobot

Ho Sung Pak actually mentions it in his interview above, but if you watch those first two TMNT movies you'll see like most of the MK cast in the credits as stunt performers. I was almost kind of sad that I've been MK-obsessed enough to even notice that, but...so be it.

lockeyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By lockeyness

Very cool! I love how into it they are, even going so far as to remember certain story details. I'd be interested in seeing a 'where are they now' type thing, especially with the dude who played Johnny Cage.

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Aas

@Lockeyness said:

Very cool! I love how into it they are, even going so far as to remember certain story details. I'd be interested in seeing a 'where are they now' type thing, especially with the dude who played Johnny Cage.

Dead in an alley. Just a guess.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By KaneRobot

Probably not dead, just litigious! Don't think you'll be seeing Daniel Pesina around any Netherrealm projects. Here's a couple of reasons why:

Giant Bomb Johnny Cage page:

Martial artist Daniel Pesina portrays Johnny Cage in the first two Mortal Kombat games in addition to donning the mask of the game's male ninjas. He was abruptly fired from Midway after appearing in character in an advertisement for a competing fighting game, BloodStorm . His likeness would not be used in future games, being conspicuously absent from the side of the MK1 cabinet used in Liu Kang's MK3 fatality. He was also the only actor to be recast for Mortal Kombat Trilogy rather than using his old sprite, with Johnny Cage represented by Chris Alexander in that game.

Aaaand Wikipedia:

On December 9, 1996, Daniel Pesina sued Midway Games, Williams Electronics Games, Inc, Acclaim, Nintendo, and Sega, alleging "that all defendants used his persona, name, and likeness without authorization in the home version ofMortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II and the related products..." The conclusion of Daniel Pesina v. Midway Manufacturing Co. was that "alleged use of martial artist's name, likeness or persona in a martial arts video game did not violate his common-law right of publicity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.