Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Patches Inbound? If so... when?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Edited By demontium

I've heard the netkode for this game was supposed to get a tune up, but most of my matches still lag like all fucking hell. Furthermore, it takes at least 2 minutes to find a ranked match and usually more. 

This game is really fun, but they should really fix the netkode so that xbox live monsters like me can practice for tournies. Also, NRS.... change the fucking UI so that I kan swap buttons in game, you're killing all the hype for your game in tournies because of this extremely minor issue.

When is this happening? I know it's supposed to happen, but it's basically as annoying as no spectating in marvel and shit like that (which also needs patching....). 

/rant    
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demontium

I've heard the netkode for this game was supposed to get a tune up, but most of my matches still lag like all fucking hell. Furthermore, it takes at least 2 minutes to find a ranked match and usually more. 

This game is really fun, but they should really fix the netkode so that xbox live monsters like me can practice for tournies. Also, NRS.... change the fucking UI so that I kan swap buttons in game, you're killing all the hype for your game in tournies because of this extremely minor issue.

When is this happening? I know it's supposed to happen, but it's basically as annoying as no spectating in marvel and shit like that (which also needs patching....). 

/rant    
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Only time will tell
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bestostero

They are working on making it, its just a matter of time...you can try looking for a local gaming groups to practice for tournaments and stuff

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By demontium
    @xhavoc86 said:
    " They are working on making it, its just a matter of time...you can try looking for a local gaming groups to practice for tournaments and stuff "
    true
    EndrzGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By EndrzGame

This was the line that was posted on the official MK forums on April 28th:

" Thank you for supporting Mortal Kombat! Due to the overwhelmingly positive reception to the game, Mortal Kombat has millions of online matches being initiated worldwide every day, and we have run into some unanticipated technical issues. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios are aware of the issues with the online gameplay – specifically with "King of the Hill" and Ranked 1 v. 1 matches - and we want to assure our fans that we are focused on resolving online issues ASAP. We have added a “Technical Issues” section to our forum so please be sure to let us know what issues you are having so we can address those as soon as possible. Users will begin seeing improvements in online play over the course of the next two weeks. In the meantime please note that none of this will impact the single-player or offline multiplayer experience, and we greatly appreciate your patience!"

So hopefully pretty soon. I haven't played that much online and would like to very much without getting kicked from a match right when I start a kombo.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Slaker117

I don't think there has been a full patch issued yet, but my recent online experience has been much smoother than it was the first few weeks.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By JJOR64
    @Slaker117 said:
    " I don't think there has been a fully patch issued yet, but I recent online experience has been much smoother than it was the first few weeks. "
    On 360, they handle all the patches and that junk server side so they don't have to go through Microsoft's painful process.

Glad the matches are getting smoother now.  Might have to try online again soon.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Slaker117
    @JJOR64: And now my embarrassing brain fart grammatical errors have been persevered for all time. :)

The online still has issues though. I can definitely feel the difference and occasionally drop combos I know I have down, but compared to week one, it's been ok. I can get into matches consistently and have not had multiple seconds of freezing like I did then.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJOR64
    @Slaker117 said:
    " @JJOR64: And now my embarrassing brain fart grammatical errors have been persevered for all time. :) "
    On the minus side to it, the competitive scene will have to have their Xbox's connected to the internet to play the latest version, which is a pain in the fucking ass.  Most people in the scene will use the PS3 version cause of this issue.  I really hope they fix that problem.
    Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My biggest issue is the game desynchronizing in the middle of a kombo.  I can finish maybe 2 out of every 5 matches without a desync happening.  It's really irritating.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By demontium
    @SkullcrusherMountain said:
    " My biggest issue is the game desynchronizing in the middle of a kombo.  I can finish maybe 2 out of every 5 matches without a desync happening.  It's really irritating. "
    I guess, still, fix a simple issue, changing controls
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By KaosAngel

Whenever PSN comes back.

They can't patch it until the version everyone plays gets back online.  

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By demontium
    @KaosAngel: I wonder if that governed it.
    Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Belonpopo

I hope the do a character patch too, nerf the hell out of Kung-Lao

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Afroman269

I hope it's soon, and for future reference you only replace the C with a K if C is the first letter in a word like Kat.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By demontium
    @Belonpopo said:
    " I hope the do a character patch too, nerf the hell out of Kung-Lao "
    Kung really isn't as good as people think, it's just a new game.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Belonpopo said:
    " I hope the do a character patch too, nerf the hell out of Kung-Lao "
    Kung Lao can be annoying until you learn how to duck under his teleport attacks.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bestostero

I don't think Kung Lao is all that great... but then again, I'm speaking as someone who hasn't played online, so I'm not sure what's going on online, but I do watch a lot of streams and I don't see many people doing all that great with him.  I don't think I've seen many Kung Lao players on tournament streams either...

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Slaker117
    @xhavoc86: Lao seemed like an early favorite on the competitive scene right out the gate, but his usage seems to have died a bit since.
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Chummy8

I always laugh when I see people complain about finding matches. 

In Endwar it can take up to 10-20 minutes before finding a game. 
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By demontium

UPDATE

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bestostero
    @demontium said:
    UPDATE
    Eh? lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.