Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

PDP Fight Stick

vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vmehnert

Hey guys,

So I decided to splurge and pick up the PDP Fight Stick for MK.  The thing is beautiful, but out of the box, the "right" function on the stick does not work - i.e. I can not move my character to the right.  Is anyone having a similar problem or can suggest troubleshooting?  Thanks!

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By TechHits
    @vmehnert:  if it was me I would just return it, no reason something you spend that much money on should be broke out the box. Unless you had any plans to mod it, in which case take the plastic bubble off and look at the joystick connections, I believe that they are solderless quick disconnects.

BTW if you could take pictures of the connections to the joystick that would help out. 

EDIT WARNING --> opening it up MAY void your warrenty preventing you from returning it
    vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vmehnert

@TechHits: 
    Thanks for the advice TechHits.  I am currently at work but will attempt to post some pictures later.

As an update, just spoke to PDP and they said that they will replace the unit.  Just the hassle of having to resend the thing.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi
    @vmehnert: Nice, glad you got that taken care of.    I was gonna suggest going to their website.   They have a like 5yr warranty on the sticks which is pretty damn good.
    vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vmehnert

Just as a follow up for anyone interested, PDP has been incredibly helpful throughout the entire process.  They have a great tech support team which has been in constant contact with me regarding the issue.  I can not speak highly enough of their customer service, even if they did originally send me a wonky controller.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Azteck
    @vmehnert: ´That's the sign of a good company if you ask me. Everyone sells products that may be faulty from time to time, but how they handle it when it happens shows their true colors.
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By musubi
    @vmehnert: Thats the sign of a great company.   To me at least its  less a matter of what happens because lets face it...  "Shit" as they say does indeed happen.   And more of a issue of how people handle the situation.     If you are nice to me and treat me as a priority instead of an annoyance I'm going to most likely do business with you again regardless if we had a  faux pas.   
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By sammo21

Glad to hear they were helpful...I almost got a stick for MK but with having the Virtua Stick High Grade and HRAP3 I couldn't justify it.  Let me/us know if you think MK controls and better or worse with it.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Bestostero
    @vmehnert: where did you buy it from if you dont mind my asking?
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By musubi

Finally played a few matches online with my stick.  Lol, lost all 3 but had some really good matches!   I guess I still have some work to do getting used to playing on a stick.   Still, its hella fun.     Nothing is better than catching some fool with Scorpion's spear and  f+2,1,4  him.   =D

Avatar image for chiefmegadeth666
    CHIEFMEGADETH666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By CHIEFMEGADETH666
    @vmehnert said:

Hey guys,

So I decided to splurge and pick up the PDP Fight Stick for MK.  The thing is beautiful, but out of the box, the "right" function on the stick does not work - i.e. I can not move my character to the right.  Is anyone having a similar problem or can suggest troubleshooting?  Thanks!

If they want you to send it back,get them to send one out right away,so you dont got to wait so long for it...?
    I do that all the time:).Once amazon fucked up my order and sent me a broken HD dvd so i got them to send me new one right away.then i sent other back.
    Also bought modem and light didnt work so they wanted me to send it back before i got new one...i said no way:( send me one now.and they did.
    TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By TechHits
    @vmehnert:  it's good that you have been helped properly, stuff like this can be a nightmare. Did you originally buy it from a store, or online?
    vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vmehnert

@xhavoc86
    its the PDP fight stick and can be bought here http://www.pdp.com/mkstick/   for Xbox360.  From the limited (and broken) messing around with it, it seemed really nice and responsive, like a bunch of an old MK arcade cabinet was cut off and placed in your lap.  I have read reviews from MK Tournament players who claim the buttons arent all that, but they can be swapped in/out if you are into that. 

@sammo21

I will provide an overview when I get mine back!

@TechHits

Originally bought it online from PDP at the above website.

Iron_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Iron_Past

Oh, I would really, really suggest you put this in the stick; I didn't like the way the joystick behaved and that made it much better. If you do, you'll have to take the the parts out the base and swap everything in, since you can't unswcrew the actual plate itself, but it was pretty easy.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Bestostero
    @vmehnert: oh i was thinking if you got it from retail and was wondering if you tried them first before pdp themselves... funny because one of the pdp fight sticks got broken yesterday during a live tournament lol
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#16  Edited By sammo21

Kind of weird they only sell the 360 version...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.