Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Question about Babalities in Tag Team

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Crixaliz

I recently played some 2v2 local Tag Team .
    I didn't get a chance to try it out and I was wondering how babalities work in tag team. If I don't block during the last fight and get to the 'Finish Him' screen can I still pull off a babality, even if my team mate has blocked the match? Or is it only possible if both player never block?

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EightBitShik

@Crixaliz: There are not restrictions for babalities in this game.

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#3  Edited By Buttenator

@EightBitShik: Yes there are, just not in the arcade ladder. In a versus or online match you cannot block an attack in the winning round.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By agentboolen
    @Buttenator: Wow I did not know about the restrictions online, no wonder I was able to pull them off in the Ladder mode and not online!!  I didn't notice to much because I usually go with the fatality but this explains a lot for future play.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

It all makes sense now...

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By matpaget

They work in Tag. Your tag partner can block all they want, but you can't block if you win the fight.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By EightBitShik
    @Buttenator: oh lol 

I thought I was just doing something wrong 
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crixaliz
    @MatPaget: Thanks
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bestostero

I've only recently heard of the babality restriction with the no blocking rule, is there any rules for the stage fatalities?

...for some reason i cant activate stage fatalities on nearly 1/4 of the times i perform them (and yes i do them in the correct stages)... anyone know if there's a no blocking rule for that? or something obscure?

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Stete

@xhavoc86 said:

I've only recently heard of the babality restriction with the no blocking rule, is there any rules for the stage fatalities? ...for some reason i cant activate stage fatalities on nearly 1/4 of the times i perform them (and yes i do them in the correct stages)... anyone know if there's a no blocking rule for that? or something obscure?

I doubt there are any restrictions for pit fatalities, I think its how close you are to your opponent, you have to be as near as possible. And in the living forest I think you have to be behind a tree to activate it, but I cannot say for sure. But for the rest of them you should be able to trigger them from any location.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Crixaliz
    @xhavoc86: I don't think there are any restrictions on stage fatalities, I usually activate them when in 'touching' distance even thou it says 'varies'.
    I found that the taxi stage fatality is kinda broken. Sometimes it doesn't work and other times the fatality starts but the taxi that show up has no body, it is just a pair of bumpers with wheels and nothing else.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bestostero

That's another thing, what exactly does "varies" mean, they're all touch isn't it?

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crixaliz
    @xhavoc86: Yup, I believe they are all done within touching distance for every character and stage.
    Maybe they left it in there in case they do DLC levels with that would have a different distance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.