Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Sektor for scrubs

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bravestar

I'm an MK scrub. It's the first MK game I ever played and I'm mashing everything. One reason is the horrible xbox d-pad(and I have the feeling the move recognition is a bit funky too). On top of that elaborate combos aren't my thing in any fighting game and even when I can pull them off in training mode, I'll forget or drop them in a match anyway.
    That's why I chose Sektor. He has pretty easy ~25% combos, that can be pulled off quite easy and I thought I should share them. For anyone who has a bit of interest in Sektor and hasn't figured that stuff out themselves, here are some combos! Or for other scrubs who are tired of Scorpion.

The most important move for Sektor is gut crusher(back backpunch) into flame burner(back forward backpunch).
    I'll use these abbreviation for combos(some might be familiar with them, because they are used in the fighting game community):
    1=front punch 2=back punch 3=front kick 4=back kick
    f=forward b=back d=down up=u nj=neutral jump fj=forward jump
    The % after the combo is the amount of damage the combo makes.
    So gut crusher is b2 and flame burner bf2. The nice thing about that combo is that you hit back with gut crusher already, so it becomes b2f2.
    b2f2 is so good, because it's the best way to follow a teleport uppercut I've found so far and the move itself does 16%. Don't forget that you switch sides after the teleport uppercut.

Teleport uppercut into b2f2 is your basic combo:
    df4 b2f2 20%
    You just have to a wait a tiny bit between hitting df4 and b2f2, but it pays off. You could also end it, and every other combo I'll post, with uppercut or f4 4, but uppercut does usually 4% and f4 4 usually 3% less damage. And if you used f4 4 in the combo before your enemy will drop on the first hit.

If your opponent allows you to jump in the easiest combo is
    fj4 df4 b2f2 26%

on the ground it's a bit harder to pull off
    f4 4 df4 b2f2 28%

If your opponent is blocking high(the first hit hits low)
    b3 4 df4 b2f2 26%

If your opponent is blocking low(u3 4 is the only Sektor overhead I know of)
    u3 4 df4 b2f2 28%
    The first kick doesn't hit, it just sets up the overhead and you have to be pretty fast with the df4. If your opponent knows what he should look for it can be tricky, because changing high/low block happens immidiately, even when the animation doesn't show it. While the damage is good I'd just grab them.

His 30%+ combo isn't that complicated either(compared to other characters), but not that easy in the heat of the battle.
    1 2 b1 f4 4 df4 b2f2 36%
    You can also get more than 30% by doing
    nj punch forward-dash f4 4 b2f2
    but the b2f2 is pretty hard to pull off, you can't do f4 4, because it would drop after the first hit. If you manage to get a nj punch I would end the combo with an uppercut, which still gives you 29%.

The easiest way to land your x-ray is from a nj punch. It isn't that easy to get a nj punch so you can do the x-ray instead of b2f2 in your combo and it adds around 10% to the damage of the combo(only thing to remember is that you have to hit it immidiately, instead of waiting a little bit like you do when you hit b2f2). For some reason it wouldn't work reliably if I used f4 4 before the teleport uppercut, so see if it works for you.

Another great move is afterburn(b1). You can't combo from it and you shouldn't use it on enemies you want to stay close to, but it's safe on block and it does 11% on one hit. That's as much as other characters' 4 hit combos do.
    A way to trick your friends could be to hit them with b1, jump back(which makes them think you want to create space), while jumping back you do teleport uppercut into b2f2. Together that's 31% damage, only 1% less damage than Sektor's x-ray.

If you have really easy combos that do more than 20% with other characters, or other easy Sektor combos, please share them. I'm looking for a second character to play and want a similiar easy combo/high damage character. I'm looking into Raiden, but I'm not quite sure.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Yo dude! I've been playing Sektor a lot, but it seems you've got most your stuff down. One tip though: with Sektor, don't use your X-Ray. instead, if you hit with df4, go f4, 4, enhanced df4, f4, 3, df4. Does a lot more damage and better than your X-Ray.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.