Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

This game is unplayable online

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ElBarto

I decided to play this game after a month of not touching its online and trying the game out online again today guaranteed that I'm going to continue playing this game offline for now. Some matches worked just fine and I can't complain if I lost a match when things were working fine, but then other matches my inputs would come out delayed making it a chore to do BNBs at all. I had to basically reduce my game to being lame. Hell even triggering X-rays was a hassle I would literally be spamming my triggers and about two seconds later the x-ray would initiate. This shit sucks I'm fighting the netcode more so than the other player. They need to focus more on the online rather than DLC and fake balance issues.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi
    @ElBarto:  Ya know, I'm  almost ready to agree with you this DLC  shit has fucked the online up bad.    I really really like this game but fuck I can't even  bring myself to play online anymore which makes me super sad.    
    Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Moody_yeti

I disagree,As someone who has played alot of MK online before and after the patch. I feel the online has been improved in leaps and bounds since the patch.

I'm noticing less lag,And it doesn't take half a hour to get into a ranked match anymore.

but that's just my experience i guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Jaded_Racoon said:

I disagree,As someone who has played alot of MK online before and after the patch. I feel the online has been improved in leaps and bounds since the patch.

I'm noticing less lag,And it doesn't take half a hour to get into a ranked match anymore.

but that's just my experience i guess.

The DLC stuff has borked the matchmaking for a lot of us, though. But I do agree with you that the lag isn't so much of an issue.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

I've had issues with lag and connectivity as well. But really, I find it unplayable because everyone online is way to good. Or they play as Ermac and spam the same moves over and over again.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By jasta

I gave up on the online because of the lag issues. It's a shame, because I would have played that game to death.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I really don't have an issue with lag. I just have an issue with games desynching now.
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlightConfuse

I have been having connectivity issues the past few days.

Could hardly get into a match yesterday

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bestostero

I'm still having a horrible time online if not worst, I actually think it was better before the patches and what not, but it seems to vary among people...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By musubi

Okay, now I can't even connect online.    My stats reset and everytime I try to fetch leaderboards or my personal stats the game tells me  that it lost the connection when I know the Ps3 is still online.   =\ 

Ugh.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Chummy8

It WAS terrible, but from what I've seen in the last two days, it got 100% better. 

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lag can be horrible. Most games are a little slower than I'd like but every now and then I get a match with an amazing connection. I try to rematch that dude over and over again. 

theironyuppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By theironyuppie

It's been fuckin terrible for me.  Despite my alignment, I'm playing on Xbox and I haven't been able to get a game in a week.  If it's not De-syncin it the forever load into "the session is no longer available"  Fucking rediculous

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ElBarto

I have a friend who whenever he plays against someone who picks Sub-Zero and the game drops him right as the loading bar fills up. I think the lag issue varies person to person and what they might deal with. The game is running smoothly as far as movement and animations but my inputs are delayed is all.

Gumby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gumby

There's still too much lag
    Kharakter not responding
    Trading this game in

I call it "The Haiku of Disappointment"  :(

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sarkhan

I have to agree. I had to switch to my fight stick for the BnB. Now as i main siren, after dlc ppl play? Stickl with awsome response. Just to laggy still. But i have to give WB credit though. They are on it. capcom? FFS...ono, my sweet, short but awsome man, get it back to players field :)

Boon? I love you no matter what. fuck up the game. You are still soooo exited on everything. and as a fan? I love that :)

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SlightConfuse

yea every match desynchrinizes or is not there. cannot do more than one match in a lobby.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Hizang

I'm in the same boat, I bought the PS3 version when it came out, I never got a chance to go online due to the PSN issue. And by the time online came back I couldn't go online anyway due to the online pass expiring, so I went fuck that and finished up the story mode and put it back on the shelf. Yesterday I felt the urge to play some MK though, so I went and got the online pass and the DLC costumes and went online. I was there for about 2 hours, in the last hour I got into a match with this one guy and they were great matches, so I stayed with him. The hour prior was just full of disconects and not singcing and breakups and it was really bad. I also relieased how rusty I was at MK, by K/D Ratio is 1/17!

bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bmehlers

This is the fucking worst online experience I have ever had. Well over half of my matches either "desyncs" or "the match is no longer available". I spend so much more time trying to find a player and get into a match than actually playing the game. The game has been out for over 2 months and they still cannot find a way to fix this shit. I thought there was a patch to be released alongside Skarlet or something?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.