Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mother 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 20, 2006

Mother 3 is the third game in Shigesato Itoi's critically acclaimed Mother series. In the game, Lucas and various other protagonists fight to defeat a large army known as the Pig Army who are ruining their otherwise peaceful lives.

Mother 3 DS Could Happen

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Brownie Brown has discussed possibilities for a DS version oif Mother 3 and working on Wii in future.

According to Siliconera , Mother 3 may finally see an official English translation via a Nintendo DSi version. Brownie Brown lent a hand in developing the GameBoy Advance title in conjunction with HAL, so a version for DS could be likely.

Shinichi Kameoka commented that the project would come about because of fans: "If we were asked to make one [a DS version of Mother 3], then we would definitely like for fans abroad to play the game."

Kameoka was also asked on working with Wii and Nintendo's download service, and for both the Tokyo developer said that he is "optimistic about it and looking into it."

WooT!.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Very cool. Maybe....

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

Nice. Nice. Nice. So good I had to say it thrice.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

On a cold day in hell. Nintendo doesn't like making their hardcore fans happy they only care about casual cash now.
    They could have easily released mother 3 on GBA over here and it would have sold a million easily but they dont care, just like they could have released Mother 1+2 here as well they had the translations they had every thing but they didn't cause they dont like pleasing their hardcore fans.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene

This would have made me happy if the fan translation did not get released 2 moths ago.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
    Endogene said:
    "This would have made me happy if the fan translation did not get released 2 moths ago."
    It's always better to have an official release. The underground hacking communities can have their fan translations, but it's no replacement for real releases of these games.
    JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnDudebro

Anything COULD happen. That doesn't mean anybody (especially Nintendo) is going to pay for it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

God I hope this is true.  I did check out the fan dub.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_Dude
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "On a cold day in hell. Nintendo doesn't like making their hardcore fans happy they only care about casual cash now.
    They could have easily released mother 3 on GBA over here and it would have sold a million easily but they dont care, just like they could have released Mother 1+2 here as well they had the translations they had every thing but they didn't cause they dont like pleasing their hardcore fans.
    "
    Yay optimism!
    But seriously, I would be ecstatic to have this game come to DS, its so good.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Endogene
    LordAndrew said:
    "Endogene said:
    "This would have made me happy if the fan translation did not get released 2 moths ago."
    It's always better to have an official release. The underground hacking communities can have their fan translations, but it's no replacement for real releases of these games."
    I wonder this will ever happen though, It took several years for the fan translation came out. The game is coded in a very English unfriendly manner.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LordAndrew
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "On a cold day in hell. Nintendo doesn't like making their hardcore fans happy they only care about casual cash now.
    They could have easily released mother 3 on GBA over here and it would have sold a million easily but they dont care, just like they could have released Mother 1+2 here as well they had the translations they had every thing but they didn't cause they dont like pleasing their hardcore fans."
    I think you might be overestimating the popularity of Earthbound...
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I would buy Mother 3 if it came out. That's more because there aren't a ton of new DS titles coming out anytime soon and less because of the actual gameplay, which is fairly standard as far as J-RPGs go.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    LordAndrew said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    They could have easily released mother 3 on GBA over here and it would have sold a million easily but they dont care, just like they could have released Mother 1+2 here as well they had the translations they had every thing but they didn't cause they dont like pleasing their hardcore fans."
    I think you might be overestimating the popularity of Earthbound..."
    and you are underesitmating it.
    http://starmen.net/ a guy made that all around mother series and its a pretty popular site.  Let alone that it fans what 2-3 years to translate mother 3?
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordAndrew

Well, who knows? But it seems the games are more of a cult hit than anything. It could probably pull decent numbers, but it probably doesn't have what it takes to be a huge seller. I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to be sure.
    Plus, there are probably a fairly significant number of stubborn people who will refuse to buy it because they've already played the fan translation.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks
    LordAndrew said:
    "Well, who knows? But it seems the games are more of a cult hit than anything. It could probably pull decent numbers, but it probably doesn't have what it takes to be a huge seller. I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to be sure.
    Plus, there are probably a fairly significant number of stubborn people who will refuse to buy it because they've already played the fan translation."

I think It would be huge in the west despite these fan translations.

A DSi download on DS Ware would be just as nice as a boxed and more expensive copy.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Systech

Wait just a second! DSi?! Not liking that idea if it's only via download.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.