Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mother 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 20, 2006

Mother 3 is the third game in Shigesato Itoi's critically acclaimed Mother series. In the game, Lucas and various other protagonists fight to defeat a large army known as the Pig Army who are ruining their otherwise peaceful lives.

Mother 3 endurance run would be amazing.

Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Food

Think about it: it's funny, unpredictable and absurd, but also strangely touching and thought provoking.  Jeff and Vinny's reactions to the Magypsy stuff would be great.  At the same time it's easy to pick up, simple, and short, which would be nice after Persona 4.

Now, if only it could be done legally.  [sadface]

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

Yea... Damn you Nintendo for not localizing Mother 3!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

Where is systech when you need him? :D

MeatXbeatsXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By MeatXbeatsXman

I don't recall exactly how long it took me to complete it, but it was nowhere near as long as Persona 4. I guess it depends on what you mean by an endurance run. A game that takes a very long time to complete or just the enduring of a game until it's complete? Which to me doesn't sound particularly enjoyable. It unfolds in a very dramatic way so I think it'd be enjoyable for anyone who has not played it yet. They'd have to find a way to make sure the music comes in clear, Mother 3 had some of the best music for sure.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

I was actually thinking of doing this today and decided to check the forums to see if someone had the same idea.  

Would people be interested in watching an endurance run done by a couple random people, given the audio quality on the game and commentary is clear, and the commentary itself would be concise, insightful, and with a certain degree of comedic asides in a similar style to the P4 run? 

Doing something like that for me would be dependant on whether people would be interested in watching, seeing as it would be a significant time-and-monetary investment. On the other hand, an endurance run is something I've always wanted to do. I feel like there's a lot to be said (and a lot of run to be had) over the course of an Earthbound game, and Mother 3 would be perfect because it's less exposed than just straight-up Earthbound, and would be a fresher experience because of it.

gormanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By gormanator

It would be perfect, but unless it is localized, it would NEVER be done.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Honestly, I'd rather see them do something fairly recent, rather than something old. But that's just me. 

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Kjellm87

Alternatively, they could play Mother 2, but everyone here has probably beaten it already.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By manhattan_project

*looks at OP date*  

Why?

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Snipzor

I could definitely do with some Jeff and Vinny bawling their eyeballs out in Chapter Six. If y'all haven't played Mother 3 yet, you probably don't know what I'm talking about.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By ch3burashka

Anything story-based and wacky would be good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.