Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

A multiplayer expansion pack for Mount and Blade: Warband set during the late Napoleonic Wars.

GET HYPED! This is coming out on Steam 6pm GMT TODAY!

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dandead

Hi guys!

Just thought I'd give you a heads up that this add-on for Warband is coming out TODAY at 6pm GMT on Steam.

It a huge multiplayer focused mod (over 1 gigs) based around giant musket battles with up to 250 players on the same server. (with decent ping if you join the official dedicated servers for the game) The add-on will cost around $10 (£8 in UK) and requires M&B: Warband to run according to the devs.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I'm a huge fan of the singleplayer component and really enjoy this series, but I've no interest in a multiplayer-only expansion.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Maystack

Thought this was a whole new game that had slipped under my radar. Probably won't get it because I barely play the multiplayer of Mount & Blade.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't the last multiplayer expansion that came out for the game pretty bad? (Fire & Sword I think it was called?)

And as SomeDeliCook, I'm interested in the singleplayer of Mount & Blade, so a multiplayer only expansion is pretty much a pass for me.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Maystack

@Village_Guy: Fire and sword was a new game, not just multiplayer. It had a new singleplayer campaign as well.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Village_Guy said:

Wasn't the last multiplayer expansion that came out for the game pretty bad? (Fire & Sword I think it was called?)

It had a singleplayer component as well. It wasn't bad and it did some stuff better than Warband, but it was not as good as Warband.

I'd really like a mod that made the map bigger, added more weapons, mounts, armor sets, environments, factions, units, etc etc to Warband.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By falling_fast

sounds like fun.

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
    MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

I am very hyped, glad I am not the only person trying to champion this DLC. Anyways, gamersgate released the NW a bit too early (with a corrupt installer) ,but the devs on the Taleworld's forums had a fix somewhere.

For those who plan to get into the game's multiplayer, which is mainly based on events, I suggest going to this week's NA Public Friday Linebattle: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225189.0.html

Here's a livestream of the DLC: http://www.twitch.tv/nisher16

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dandead

Oh yeah you can also play the game with bots in skirmish but there is not an campaign so to speak. The devs where making one but decided to scrap it in favour of more multiplayer modes and such. Apparently what was going to be the single player is still in the game and could potentially be fixed and modded back in by cleaver users.

Also the multiplayer for the old version of this mod is the most popular in all of Warband, including the standard Warband multiplayer itself. I guess the big draw is the huge player count and that you are fighting with muskets with bayonets. Pretty much everyone has t he same weapons unless they are a captain of some kind or on horse back. That said the new version of the game is looking to add new equipment and classes like the sapper that can damage buildings and punch holes through walls which is a game changer on seige maps for sure.

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

@dandead said:

Oh yeah you can also play the game with bots in skirmish but there is not an campaign so to speak. The devs where making one but decided to scrap it in favour of more multiplayer modes and such. Apparently what was going to be the single player is still in the game and could potentially be fixed and modded back in by cleaver users.

Also the multiplayer for the old version of this mod is the most popular in all of Warband, including the standard Warband multiplayer itself. I guess the big draw is the huge player count and that you are fighting with muskets with bayonets. Pretty much everyone has t he same weapons unless they are a captain of some kind or on horse back. That said the new version of the game is looking to add new equipment and classes like the sapper that can damage buildings and punch holes through walls which is a game changer on seige maps for sure.

Overall, they made a better Mount&Musket. Also, the "Official" will be locked at 200 players to find out the optimal carrying capacity , but can fully support 250.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I never even heard about this until now. :/

Not sure about multiplayer though, never touched it. I like the time period though. Played the shit out of Napoleon: Total War.

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

I never even heard about this until now. :/

Not sure about multiplayer though, never touched it. I like the time period though. Played the shit out of Napoleon: Total War.

You should check out some videos on the gameplay on youtube or checkout the livestream I linked to see if you like it or not. A lot of Napoleon/Empire : Total War players seem to like it seems, but the multiplayer mainly event based (linebattles and such).

Here's an example of a linebattle in Mount&Musket from the perspective of a Arma 2 clan so they are relatively well disciplined... I guess .

Also, new trailer!

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dandead

I would not say the multiplayer is mainly "event based". You can find public unorganised games with ease even before the mod went on sale. It will probably only get easier when it launches on Steam.

Although if you want to take part in a line (as in line up and march and shoot in formation like in the books/movies) either play a "Commander Battle" where you can order a line of bots about (like in Warband's single player) or join a regiment (clan) and take part in organised line battles.

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

@dandead said:

I would not say the multiplayer is mainly "event based". You can find public unorganised games with ease even before the mod went on sale. It will probably only get easier when it launches on Steam.

Although if you want to take part in a line (as in line up and march and shoot in formation like in the books/movies) either play a "Commander Battle" where you can order a line of bots about (like in Warband's single player) or join a regiment (clan) and take part in organised line battles.

Yes there is public play, quite a lot actually, but the mod itself IS all about the events(line battles) and I have played as part of public regiments in linebattle events like the NA Friday Linebattle event for the past 1 and a half years. Of which is moving to NW for the foreseeable future. Anyways, you're right that there are many other revenues of Warband multiplayer and people should take a look at this DLC.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dandead

DLC is out now!

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Also, the mount&blade collection is cheaper than buying than the DLC alone.

edit: Nevermind, steam effed up because the DLC SHOULD NOT be included in the collection that is on sale, but... yeah... I got it and it seems to work..

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dandead

Also I would hold off buying the DLC for the time being. Apparently "steam did not buy enough serial keys" or something which means you might be jipped out of a key till they fix it. I am one of those people unfortunately! :(

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

@dandead said:

Also I would hold off buying the DLC for the time being. Apparently "steam did not buy enough serial keys" or something which means you might be jipped out of a key till they fix it. I am one of those people unfortunately! :(

Yeah... I was one of the lucky ones that had the collection and the DLC working at the same time. Hopefully you'll get your problem solve soon enough and maybe you could join the Pubbie regiment for this NA linebattle? I already posted the forum link I think.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dandead

Got mine working now, and I am already in a EU reg, in fact going to a line battle this weekend! :P

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

First impressions/statements after playing on 160+ player games for about 2-3 hours or so. The melee dynamic changed quite a bit from Mount&Musket, Devs are now trying to make optimize the game a bit more to combat the lag and I can't wait for organized linebattles.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By mikemcn

Today? What???? I'm not prepared!!!! God damn it! I need to clear my schedule.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dandead

Also the official servers have stopped lagging so much now, they tweaked them a bit and they are running 200 smoothly now. The new maps are fun, rockets are a laugh especially with buildings heh. Oh and the voice acting is AMAZING, so much better than the previous mod.

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

@dandead said:

Also the official servers have stopped lagging so much now, they tweaked them a bit and they are running 200 smoothly now. The new maps are fun, rockets are a laugh especially with buildings heh. Oh and the voice acting is AMAZING, so much better than the previous mod.

Good to hear the servers got tweaked, can't wait for the linebattles. I think some of the voice actors are still the same , i.e. the guy does the UK units and such, but the overall sound direction in the game is an overall improvement.

McGrittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McGrittles

C-RPG FO LIFE

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

@McGrittles said:

C-RPG FO LIFE

Heh, indeed. Although, the most unfortunate part of the new DLC release is the unavailablity of highly developed mods (that use Script Engine Extenders) caused by the new Warband update.

Edit: I am not sure if you mean the genre or the mod for Warband....

dub_step_masta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dub_step_masta
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By mikemcn

Bought it, hope it's good.

MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.