Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount & Blade Warband: Viking Conquest

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Dec 11, 2014

Mount & Blade Warband: Viking Conquest is a singeplayer and multiplayer expansion/dlc for Mount&Blade: Warband. From the markers of Brytenwalda, an expansive Dark Age M&B:W mod set in the mid 600's. In this expansion players may explore the kingdoms in British Isles, Denmark and Norway.

M&B: Viking Conquest comes out today!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know not many of you are into M&b but I absolutely adore it, and this is definitely what I'll be playing for the next 2 weeks or so(at the very least)

Not only does it have a new map, new features, an actual campaign with a storyline and all, new factions with all new trooptrees and new equipment but it looks like they have improved on the graphics as well, warband doesn't look as good as this (granted it's still not a looker but hey)

Now this is what I call a fucking expansion

Anyone else excited for this?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Under $6 in RU - not region locked! Thank you Steam regional pricing! Still going to wait for the inevitable sale on this one, though. Way too much in the backlog to justify purchasing it at "full" price.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: yeah.. I have way too much on my backlog too but I just can't say no to anything M&B I'm afraid.

Also it's my fallback game, what I always play whenever i don't feel like playing anything else.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Full storyline huh? That could be neat. I'm mostly holding out for Bannerlord, but I might pick this up when it goes on sale.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Mount & Blade is the best, but this seems like a fairly indistinct stopgap until Bannerlord comes out. I'll probably try to chip away at the old backlog before checking this out.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

My laptop lights on fire when I try to play it but I soooooooooo want to, have to get back home to my cooling pad. Anyways, having put 350 hours or so into the first 2 main games, this expansion is super exciting. I hear it's buggy, but mount and blade has always been janky and it should improve with time. Looking forward to being a crazy Irish Viking Pagan that murders christian missionaries when they try to convert people, also, you can raid monasteries, no other game lets you do that, I love the dark ages. Maybe as a catholic I shouldn't be so excited about this.

Mount and Blade is the best game ever made (After Kotor) Yes i'm a mad person.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZolRoyce
    No Caption Provided

MORE Mount and Blade? Goodbye life, rather surprised they went ahead and did another expansion what with the sequel in the works but that is fiiiiiiiine by me. Has anybody here played it yet? Is the buggyness comparable to the usual M&B stuff? Or even buggy for it? It's hard to tell in the Steam reviews who has played it all before and who is just getting in with this one and so didn't know what to expect.

It's Christmas time so I'm avoiding spending any money I probably don't have, but this is a must get for me ASAP.

@mikemcn I'm proud to be a Mad person with you, Mount and Blade itches a scratch like no other game and it is easily in my top 10 games ever.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By onarum

@zolroyce: @mikemcn:

yep... this fucking thing is a huge timesink

No Caption Provided

Also there was a time when steam achievements were causing ctds, so I switched to the stand alone TW version and played even more on there, so the actual hours played is in the house of 700-750 hours...

And yes let's be crazy persons together, m&b IS one of the best games ever made, at least I can safely say that absolutely no other game had me playing for even close to the same amount.

As for the expansion yeah there were some people having a vast amount of problems it seems, but as most of the time it was just a small vocal few that blow things out of proportion, I myself had no real problems with the first few hours save for a single CTD, but then I saw that there may be some bugged missions that prevent you from advancing the storyline and decided to wait for a few patches before playing too much of it.

I really liked what I played though, they added some neat new graphical effects, I think the water looks noticeably better but most definitely the lighting is way better, character faces look good too, though they put in some weird "vegetation waving on the wind" effect that looks pretty bad.

One thing I don't much care about is the fixation to stay as historically accurate as possible, so the variety of weapons and armor you can get is far from great.. really most "armor" that you'll be using for a good while look like something you'd see people using in a stupid renfaire, just plain looking shirts and pants.. no plate armor because that seems to be a big nono to history fanatics plus it seems chain-mail was very very very expensive back then so the same is true in the game, also no 2 handed weapons because that is seemingly a "technological advancement" that came only a few centuries later or something like that..

I would have sincerely liked if they had kept the historical accurate stuff limited to the characters, locations and events and had skewed a bit on it on the stuff you can use for the sake of gameplay, but hey, apparently there are a lot of people that care for that stuff, they want it to be as authentic as humanly possible.

Combat feels about the same, no surprises there, some people are complaining about the feel of it, some thing to do with the movement speed but I think that's more noticeable in MP to people that are way into that and I don't play it, just SP for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.