Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ms. Splosion Man

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 13, 2011

'Splosion Man, everyone's favorite being of mass destruction has finally been captured by Big Science. Fortunately, help is on the way in the form of his newly-created soulmate, the pink and giggly Ms. 'Splosion Man!

Ms. Splosion Man references

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By left4doof

I thought it might be a good idea to make a list of the various references contained within Ms.Splosion Man .

@craigbo180 said:

@left4doof: I was going to make this thread, I am only in world two and I have seen several already.

• Star Road - Reference to Super Mario Bros
    • Star Road - It is also Star from Comic Jumper and he will occasionally talk about Comic Jumper while you are there
    • Maxplosion - There is a dig at Capcom, saying Star Road is a total rip off, "who made this game Capcom"
    • Sonic - The glass shell on the first Boss cracks three times in a similar way to Dr Robotnik
    • Halo - Occasionally scientists explode into confetti, this could be a reference to grunts birthday party from the Halo franchise
    • Predator - first level boss battle ends like the last scene in predator where the predator self destructs
    • Nightmare on Elm Street - Mighty Eternal will say "I'm your boyfriend now"
    • Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Ms. Splosion Man will occasionally do the Charlton dance when idling
    • The Shining - The might Eternal will say "here's Johnny!" when he pops through the stage wall
    • Street Fighter - Ms. Splosion Man will do the Chun Li win pose while idling
    • Total Recall - Reference at the start of world 2 where the robot face will open up and then she hands them the head which self destructs
    • Mike Wilford - The wheelchair enemy is called Wilford which is the second name of the developer
    • Pop music - She sings lyrics from several pop acts; Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Spice Girls, Madonna.
    • 2 girls, 1 cup - There is a mode called 2 girls, 1 controller
    • Punch Out - I haven't seen it but apparently the last boss is in the style of punch out?
    That's what I can think of off the top of my head, I am sure I heard a titanic reference but I can't remember what it was she said.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By donchipotle

She really likes that song Vogue

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By left4doof

Yeah I caught the one with Jimmy Dean

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By craigbo180
    @left4doof: I was going to make this thread, I am only in world two and I have seen several already.

• Star Road - Reference to Super Mario Bros
    • Star Road - It is also Star from Comic Jumper and he will occasionally talk about Comic Jumper while you are there
    • Maxplosion - There is a dig at Capcom, saying Star Road is a total rip off, "who made this game Capcom"
    • Sonic - The glass shell on the first Boss cracks three times in a similar way to Dr Robotnik
    • Halo - Occasionally scientists explode into confetti, this could be a reference to grunts birthday party from the Halo franchise
    • Predator - first level boss battle ends like the last scene in predator where the predator self destructs
    • Nightmare on Elm Street - Mighty Eternal will say "I'm your boyfriend now"
    • Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Ms. Splosion Man will occasionally do the Charlton dance when idling
    • The Shining - The might Eternal will say "here's Johnny!" when he pops through the stage wall
    • Street Fighter - Ms. Splosion Man will do the Chun Li win pose while idling
    • Total Recall - Reference at the start of world 2 where the robot face will open up and then she hands them the head which self destructs
    • Mike Wilford - The wheelchair enemy is called Wilford which is the second name of the developer
    • Pop music - She sings lyrics from several pop acts; Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Spice Girls, Madonna.
    • 2 girls, 1 cup - There is a mode called 2 girls, 1 controller
    • Punch Out - I haven't seen it but apparently the last boss is in the style of punch out?
    That's what I can think of off the top of my head, I am sure I heard a titanic reference but I can't remember what it was she said.

*EDIT
    Actually there is a couple of references in the achievements as well, a ghostbusters reference "what did you do, ray" and a superman reference "you will believe a Ms. can fly" a play on the original tag line for the superman movie.
    Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Masha2932

Lady Gaga- Just Dance etc 

TLC- Don't go chasing waterfalls

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.