Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ms. Splosion Man

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 13, 2011

'Splosion Man, everyone's favorite being of mass destruction has finally been captured by Big Science. Fortunately, help is on the way in the form of his newly-created soulmate, the pink and giggly Ms. 'Splosion Man!

Should I get the original?

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Heltom92

So I am interested in getting this game but I hear that it gets quite hard pretty quickly so I was wondering if I should get Splosion Man first? Also, is it likely that Splosion Man will be going on sale soon?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

You could always do with some more splodin' in your life.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Heltom92
    @VelvetLore04 said:

You could always do with some more splodin' in your life.

True dat, also I approve of your avatar.
    JasonLeeson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By JasonLeeson
    @Heltom92: Technically you should:

• Get The Maw first
    • Followed by Splosion Man
    • Watch a 'Lets Play' of Comic Jumper
    •  And finally end by perchasing Ms. Splosion Man.

And when I say end, I mean completely disregardThe Gunstringer, because it's a Kinect game.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

You should have when they had it on sell for $2. I bought it then, and I can't say I'm crazy about it, but it's not bad.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Rafaelfc

JasonLeeson knocked it out of the park, by all means follow his suggestion! 

but to add my own experience I totally did a marathon run of 'Splosion Man so I could be up to speed with Ms. Splosion Man, I don't regret that decision at all, it is an awesome game. I even could find people online for multiplayer (though those could also be other guys doing a retrospective) 

anyways... NICE SPLODING!

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By spankingaddict

I highly recommend getting both. If you enjoy challenging platformers...

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By YoungFrey

Having not finished Ms. Splosion Man, I can't say for super-sure, but by all measures it's just like 'Splosion Man but better.  Since they cost the same right now, get Ms.  If you still want more you will have skills honed enough to handle the original by that time.
    Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Aishan

I've played through a lot of the Single player now (up to 3-14), and there's one thing that stands out: compared to it's predecessor, Ms. Splosion Man doesn't pull any punches. The difficulty is there right from the start and only ramps up as time goes on. It does feel like it expects you to have played the original, throwing old enemies and mechanics at you with little explanation.

The original might be better if you're on the fence, it's still challenging but has a much shallower learning curve.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Heltom92
    @Aishan said:
    I've played through a lot of the Single player now (up to 3-14), and there's one thing that stands out: compared to it's predecessor, Ms. Splosion Man doesn't pull any punches. The difficulty is there right from the start and only ramps up as time goes on. It does feel like it expects you to have played the original, throwing old enemies and mechanics at you with little explanation. The original might be better if you're on the fence, it's still challenging but has a much shallower learning curve.
    Yea that's exactly what I heard about Ms Splosion Man. Seems like a good game to play right after you've beaten Splosion Man.

Well I've bought Splosion Man now anyway and I'm having a lot of fun with it, I like the game's sense of humour as well. Thanks for the advice guys.
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Yes you should. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.