Learning by Comparison: LoL vs Dota2: Week 4: The Reckoning:Subtitle Colon.

• 69 results
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
#51 Posted by GunslingerPanda (5263 posts) -

Someone tried him jungle. Looks like the E actually bounces him off stuff which could make ganking workable. Am I actually HYPED for something in League!? Dammit, Riot, let me in the PBE already!

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
#52 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (4136 posts) -

@tbk: Yeah you're right. I'm still gonna play him and blow people up, I just like to bitch whenever they hit him with the nerf bat. He's still gonna be a wave clear monster even without the ult to throw into another lane.

@jazz: Luxandraaaaaa. Rito pls.

I love Gnar. Instabuy. He's freakin adorable.

#53 Posted by Jazz (2365 posts) -

@thesoutherndandy:I leik mi Lizzandara soo mch i totes mdae dem gow baibai wid chilli ize.

@gunslingerpanda: Holy crap..I know they said Mega but..wow that's a size change.

#54 Edited by tbk (292 posts) -

@jazz summoner level 30 just says that: you're level 30. Same goes with wins, since the games just poops out your wins and not your win/loss rate it is a meaningless stat.

Oh in regards to soloQ ranked: you need to be 30 and you need to have 16 champs at least.

Also I hope you curb stomped that Yi, cause FUCK Yi or was that Ryze?

#55 Posted by Jazz (2365 posts) -

@tbk: Well it shows you've put in the time to get there..you have to learn something along the way..right?...........right?

I'll keep that in mind...perhaps I'll never get there, perhaps I'll buy that Morgana skin on sale..quesas, quesas, quesas.

He actually d/c'd and tons of reports were demanded by the other team. Reporting people for having a bad connection or just being shit rather than something important seems to be de riguer.

#56 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (4136 posts) -

@jazz: Luxandra body pillow? Think about it.

Also confirmed, I don't get a damn bout no Ziggs nerfs. Still was able to run all over a mid lane Maokai and carry the game despite a super toxic support Morg on our team. Seriously how big a prick do you have to be to continue to insult your adc while the rest of your team tells you to stop being an ass?

#57 Posted by tbk (292 posts) -
#58 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (4136 posts) -

@tbk: That's funny you say that actually cause after I tried to calm him down and he decided to tell me some things about my mom I responded with "Ahh I see. You're 12. That's cool" and muted him.

#59 Edited by Jazz (2365 posts) -

@thesoutherndandy: I actually feel kinda sick when I see people playing Morgana worse than I do. I know that sounds odd but...it just bugs me. As people very rarely play support, or play Blitzu and fuck everything up with pulling melee characters into everyone without stunning them, I suppose I main a supp Morgana just to stop the whining that goes on regarding top and mid.

Seriously, why is it that people suddenly go 'but I'm top' after you call it WITHOUT FUCKING SAYING IT BEFOREHAND AND YOU'VE LOCKED IN YOUR CHARACTER. Just because they pick Tryn..something does not automatically mean I think they're going top because generally people have no fucking clue what they're doing...and then they tell YOU where they want you to go as if they aren't..yeah, I do sound like I've been playing this way too long already. It would be fine if they could play their positions, but generally they don't take a look at who will be against them and they just feed. It's always the ones who whine about positions that feed. Thank god there are some people who are just 'yeah, fine I'll go wherever'. It makes life so much easier..especially after the whiners have d/c'd..and they always do.

Sorry..rant over.

#60 Edited by Mike (17982 posts) -

You should be able to get far more than 30 fps even at 1080p with those new specs. Just go easy on the AA and shadows at first, I don't see any reason why those specs shouldn't be able to churn out 1080p/60 in Dota or LoL.

One thing to check when you get your new machine is to make sure the builders enabled the XMP profile in BIOS, otherwise your RAM could be running a lot slower than it was designed to. It's most likely XMP #1 at 1600mhz at CL 9 or thereabouts...otherwise you could be looking at 1333mhz CL10 or slower. If you need help with any of the system related stuff, feel free to look me up on Steam or ping me on the site. I'd say there is a very high chance they just left the BIOS on Auto everything...which isn't bad, it's just not as good as it could be with only a couple of button presses.

If you're going to overclock your GPU at all, I recommend EVGA PrecisionX. You can easily and safely increase your performance in games by 5-10%. While that may not sound like a lot, those few extra frames may be the difference between being able to lock at 60, or hovering in the 55-59 range and either dealing with annoying tearing.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
#61 Edited by GunslingerPanda (5263 posts) -

@jazz said:

@thesoutherndandy: I actually feel kinda sick when I see people playing Morgana worse than I do. I know that sounds odd but...it just bugs me. As people very rarely play support, or play Blitzu and fuck everything up with pulling melee characters into everyone without stunning them, I suppose I main a supp Morgana just to stop the whining that goes on regarding top and mid.

Seriously, why is it that people suddenly go 'but I'm top' after you call it WITHOUT FUCKING SAYING IT BEFOREHAND AND YOU'VE LOCKED IN YOUR CHARACTER. Just because they pick Tryn..something does not automatically mean I think they're going top because generally people have no fucking clue what they're doing...and then they tell YOU where they want you to go as if they aren't..yeah, I do sound like I've been playing this way too long already. It would be fine if they could play their positions, but generally they don't take a look at who will be against them and they just feed. It's always the ones who whine about positions that feed. Thank god there are some people who are just 'yeah, fine I'll go wherever'. It makes life so much easier..especially after the whiners have d/c'd..and they always do.

Sorry..rant over.

That is basically the worst thing about League. So many idiots just yelling MIDMIDMIDMIDMID immediately and then saying they said it first... when you can very clearly see the chat box right there where they said it second. But you just have to remember that they're children and then it gets a little easier. A little.

#62 Posted by Jazz (2365 posts) -

@gunslingerpanda: Yeah because that never happens in Dota...oh..wait. It happens all the goddamn time in that too. I think it's probably the bane (BAAAANE) of all Mobas. Apart from Infinite Crisis..cause nobody is playing that.

Also..Nidalee Nidalee chucks a spear and rips your damn face right off..

Question though..Is she AD or AP cause it's not exactly clear.

@mb: Thanks for the tips and the offer to help. I'll let you know once I get my new gear what's up.

#63 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (4136 posts) -

@jazz said:

Sorry..rant over.

That is basically the worst thing about League. So many idiots just yelling MIDMIDMIDMIDMID immediately and then saying they said it first... when you can very clearly see the chat box right there where they said it second. But you just have to remember that they're children and then it gets a little easier. A little.

Yeah people who instalock suck big time. Luckily that seems to be less of a problem the more you play, it definitely doesn't totally go away but it seems like for me 90% of the time people respect calls. Mainly when disputes come up its because there's some quirk to the lobbies where a person will see they called a role on their screen while another will show it as they called it first on theirs. Usually the rest will weigh in. I've had it happen a few times and if it ends up the other person called it first, i'll just play something else.

The good thing about playing support a lot is it seems to be available pretty frequently so (hopefully) you don't have to fight over it much.

#64 Posted by tbk (292 posts) -

@jazz: AP nid goes mid; AD nid goes top. Both are weird from my perspective for different reasons.

AP nid: if you don't hit a spear you're useless. I.E your nid player has to hit spears to stay relevant and do his thing: spear chunk into cat into leap into cat Q (I think it is called "take down")

AD nid: Most ad nids I see go a tanky bruiser build and become tanky and a bruiser and rely on the spear or the traps to apply the hunting mark and then just go into mêlée. Problem with that is: there are better bruisers out there.

In regards to calling lanes, try if the teambuilder works for you yet. there you can set your prefered lane and then search for a team with that open position... I think so far its blind pick so ehhhhh but whatever you really tilt on the EUW IAM MID AIDSAKDKASLDKSLADKLÖ>SKDLSADKLASKDLÖASKLDASKyxklödfsaklödklasödklpasdlpsa BS that happens all the time.

#65 Posted by Christoffer (2373 posts) -

Well, now I'm trying to learn LoL. I've been playing Dota for so long I forgot what a chore it is to learn a MOBA. It's almost like learning a new language. Learn all the rules, then learn all the exceptions. Study all the words and skills all the time, cause if you stop you start to forget it.

Thanks! Still a nice blog, duder.

#66 Posted by Jazz (2365 posts) -

@christoffer: Going from Dota to League should be easier (and probably more frustrating in a way due to lack of deny mechanics) than the other way round. GLHB and thanks for the comment.

@tbk: Hmm..personal experience showed that IF you hit with a spear, unless tanky, that's a good chunk of health and a quick pounce later they are dead dead dead dead. I dunno...it'll be a good excuse to work on my skill shots at least.

@thesoutherndandy:

Oh it's not the instalocking, it's the people who expect you to know what position they're going to play via precognition/telepathy and then complaining/telling you what they want you to do, after you call their position..which they never called...and then they end up being the worst feeder on the team. It always happens that way. I kinda find it odd that people have 'positions' that they play and that's it. I hate mid in Dota but I'll play it if I have to..I have no issues playing anywhere but Jungle in League..and yeah Support does tend to sidestep that problem, or at least calm any issues once made known.

Should note that generally people I've been matched with are much better at playing than the ones last week.

#67 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (4136 posts) -

@jazz: Yeah, its one thing to main a certain roll to get good at it, it's another to ONLY play that roll and then either feed your face off, complain the whole time, or just force your way into it if you don't get it. I mid mainly but I can hold my own in any other role to varying degrees of success. I always just tell people, "yo, I don't jungle much but I'll try not to suck too hard". I've noticed most people are pretty cool with that. I've only had one game so far where the entire team was pissed at me and to be fair, I was playing terribly and feeding like a mother trucker. It was bad. 0/11 Ryze top lane, probably the worst game I've ever played.

#68 Posted by Yesiamaduck (2523 posts) -

Word of advise try and make some friends in LoL. It took me ages but I finally got a regular 5 and even if we lose horribly we have fun because no one cares. It sidesteps the worst part about LoL and that's the community, turn off all chat and you're in for a good time :D

#69 Posted by Jazz (2365 posts) -

@yesiamaduck: but then I'd miss all the anger, confusion about Ezreal's gender and the ss'ing. Yes..people still ss..even with the ping system which doesn't take you away from the game to type something. I have my pings bound to buttons on my mouse...but people generally ignore those as well anyway.

@thesoutherndandy: Everyone has days like that..or watches while people have days like that. I think I wrote a couple of weeks ago about how I nearly lost it completely with Dota..to be honest my memories of Dota are getting hazy and are full of trolls on fire throwing spears and killing everyone. I'm told that isn't usually the case so I must be misremembering something.

Anywho new week new blog. -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.