Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

My Japanese Coach

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

A Japanese language coaching program that includes a few minigames to solidify learning. It is modeled off of the other My Coach games.

Anything To Know About This?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

Just ordered it off of Amazon to compliment my Japanese classes in school. I read a few reviews and noted that I should....

• Continue to follow proper kana stroke order that I was taught, rather than let "My Japanese Coach" teach me. For the most part I understand how to write all the kana so this should be easy.
    • Be wary of stroke form on the kanji. I heard this is also sometimes wrong. I'll ask my teacher to go over stroke order again so I don't let this game teach me improperly.

Really the only problems I've read of are stroke order complaints. What else do I need to know?
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Why would you buy this instead of a real game?
    Especially if you are already taking Japanese Classes.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @JeffGoldblum: Because I have a hard time memorizing vocab and education in game form sometimes gives you that extra push to study rather than just "get by."
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

I think it could be a worthwhile tool.  I've tried it out.

When you first get the 'game' you'll get an evaluation test.  I mastered the test, but the game will only allow you to skip so many beginning missions.  So despite my evaluation performance the game didn't get me up to a part with kanji at all.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By JonathanMoore

It's worth it trust, it helps more than you think it would.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

Okay then I'll let my order continue processing. I was tempted to by "The World Ends With You" because it was only $16 and half the price of this. I think this should suplement me just fine. Also got some kana books that should help me memorize the stuff I'm having trouble with. Katakana is a big problem for me, and a couple Hiragana (ne, nu, etc.). Thanks.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond
    @Vinchenzo said:
    " Okay then I'll let my order continue processing. I was tempted to by "The World Ends With You" because it was only $16 and half the price of this. I think this should suplement me just fine. Also got some kana books that should help me memorize the stuff I'm having trouble with. Katakana is a big problem for me, and a couple Hiragana (ne, nu, etc.). Thanks. "
    You made the right choice, I didn't like The World Ends With You at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.