Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Napoleon: Total War

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

Napoleon: Total War follows Napoleon from the early Italian campaign, to the Battle of Waterloo, and beyond.

Full game or expansion?

TheBigBopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheBigBopper

I was wondering whether this will be an expansion pack to Empire like Alexander was to Rome because this seems so similar to the last game. Any ideas?

deaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deaux

It sounds like it'll be stand alone.  Personally, I'd rather just have an expansion.  Coming out less that a year after Empire, I have to expect that it'll be Empire with new units and maps.  That's fine, but asking full retail price might be bit much.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Gunner

If its anything like Kingdoms was to Medieval 2, id expect it to be an expansion. 

Though im sure it'll be a stand alone expansion if it is.

thwak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By thwak
    @deaux: From what steam says, it's actually 10 bucks cheaper than empire.

Unless you go with the imperial edition which is throwing in Medieval II as a pre-order bonus and a whole bunch of elite units which will probably be sold separately after the game's released.
    The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Drizzle

I know this doesn't really pertain to the game being discussed but i recently bought Medieval II would you recommend playing through the tutorial to learn all the strategies?

Draken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Draken

Well at first it was announced as a expansion. Now they want to release it as a full game. Irritating is the fact that with the last patch to E:TW 1.5 they broke the Battle AI and announced that they have no more resources to work on that old Title .... The Battle AI was ok in Version 1.3, bah - but we will get lots of DLC i bet ;)

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Phantom_Crash

It could be a stand-alone expansion but its packed with a good amount of content to be a full stand-alone game.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Ultimadark

My guess is standalone, since on the store page in steam it doesn't say anything about needing the steam version of Empire, contrary to the DOW2 expansion.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Will1Lucky

It is a Full game, you don't need Empire in order to play this game. It just uses the same engine and is set shortly after the end of Empire.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.