Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 15, 2010

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is a fighting game based on the popular anime and manga series, Naruto.

someone plz help me get into storm 2

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

someone plz help me get into storm 2

i have always been a naruto fan. never miss an ep on the anime. have watched latest ep..... end of pain arc/chapter. and cant wait to see green beast big fight scene to come. love his fight style! open gates and transform to dark redish body! super quick! super fast!

i downloaded storm 1 demo and wasnt having fun. now storm 2 demo comes out and still dont know how to have fun on it. all it seems to do is tap tap O to attack and square to shoot long range and X to dash and triagle to charge chakra.

im not bashing the game. i still believe hope to it... and believed potential of having fun while playing it. i need your guide and tips of what did i do wrong or missed? 
    it seem too simple. i love naruto anime and love the huge roster.... expecially i want to play Kazuku. and does anyone know if shizune is playable?

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tmthomsen

If you're not having fun with the game I suggest leaving it be.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ
    @TMThomsen said:
    " If you're not having fun with the game I suggest leaving it be. "
    but i might not play it at full potential. maybe i dont know stuff. do you know stuff?
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria
    @AnnouncerGXZ said:
    " @TMThomsen said:
    " If you're not having fun with the game I suggest leaving it be. "
    but i might not play it at full potential. maybe i dont know stuff. do you know stuff? "
    Or the game is just shallow and generic, making poor saps like you to convince themselves to buy a game because of the comic book franchise it was based off of.

Of course, most Shonen Jump cartoons throw in a shit ton of characters in the mix because inevitably some character will eventually stick with somebody. 
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @animateria: Generic?  How exactly is the game generic?  Perhaps the fighting system isn't very deep, but it's far from being generic.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By animateria
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @animateria: Generic?  How exactly is the game generic?  Perhaps the fighting system isn't very deep, but it's far from being generic. "
    The game just sounds like those Dragon Ball games I've played in the Playstation/Saturn era (Admittingly they probably are much worst than this) minus the flying around bits. 

Not to mention all those other import PS2 Naruto games I've briefly played at my cousins friends house. 

Games like this usually add a mechanic or two but overall they feel pretty similar to each other. 

It just has that feel of Shonen Jumpiness to the mechanics, for lack of a better word.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @animateria: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm has a great but too simplistic fighting system.  It's also the best looking cel-shaded game that's ever been released. 

Even when you compare it to those other Naruto games for the PS2: what made them generic, exactly?  People like to act as if anime games are complete garbage and, in some aspects, they are, but games like Dragonball Tenkaichi, Budokai and even Naruto: Rise of a Ninja/Broken Bond have fighting systems that are fast and look like the fights in the actual anime.  The fighting mechanics are poorly executed, most of the time, but they are anything but generic for a fighting game.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By animateria
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @animateria: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm has a great but too simplistic fighting system.  It's also the best looking cel-shaded game that's ever been released.  Even when you compare it to those other Naruto games for the PS2: what made them generic, exactly?  People like to act as if anime games are complete garbage and, in some aspects, they are, but games like Dragonball Tenkaichi, Budokai and even Naruto: Rise of a Ninja/Broken Bond have fighting systems that are fast and look like the fights in the actual anime.  The fighting mechanics are poorly executed, most of the time, but they are anything but generic for a fighting game. "

Generic in the sense that all of them play similarly with no strong distinctions among each other. 

I think the cell shaded style of the recent Naruto games are pretty excellent but from a game mechanic stand point there isn't really anything special about them. It's nothing notably different or unique from all the other anime fighting games that came before it. 

Essentially, you can put any of the Shonen Jump franchises into any of these games and they will fit easily. There is no special distinction between the mechanics from game to game.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Plasma

The 2D Naruto fighting games were good, they were actually competitive. This is just fun for single player. 

Although not really shown in the demo, it appears that there are chakra moves, some meter related moves (chakra dash?) and the variety of items. You can substitute like a 'just guard' in Garou: MotW, block just as you get hit. You also mix up the chain combo you do, by pressing a direction as you mash 'B'. I don't know what you expect, this isn't a serious fighter, this is trying to make you feel cool, not take months of you life to get good at it. 

I've only played the demo once, but it doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out. Also the OP is either 11, a moron or a troll, who knows?

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Humanoid

Well, I just got sent a promotional copy from Namco Bandai and I'm really enjoying the game. I think it plays a lot better than the previous one. 

jacknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jacknot

We played ninja storm 2 @ Don't Panic magazine. Not bad, here's what we think:  http://www.dontpaniconline.com/magazine//naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm2

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By dbz1995

If you don't like the demo, chances are you won't like the game-simple as that. @AnnouncerGXZ:  Shizune is not playable in either (although she is a support character in NUNS1). Kakuzu is, and pretty great. Also, you can't play a game wrong if you make progress

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.