Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 15, 2010

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is a fighting game based on the popular anime and manga series, Naruto.

This game is great...WAIT WHAT?!?

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

Ok a few caveats. 

1.  I never have enjoyed anime except a little bit of pokemon/dbz when I was in 5th/6th grade and now only when I randomly see it drunk at 3 am for 5 min and get nostalgia. 
     2.  Have only played for about 2 hours. 
    3.  Only naruto I ever saw was about 10 min with a nephew and hated it. 

Still this game....what? 

My gamefly que had fallout/madden/dead rising/medal of honor/vanquish...but they sent me this the game at the BOTTOM of the que I only added because I heard the graphics were amazing even if you hate the art style (yes I think the graphics are super impressive and art style...well yo it's anime blech). 

Still this game is impressing the hell out of me. 

Looks fucking AMAZING literally the best looking console game I've seen short of maybe TFU2 demo. First time in any game (yes including god of war 3 and heavy rain)  where I thought QTEs were good and not utter crap. The little extra story bits you get if you do well telling you backstory (good for people like me who know ZERO about the cartoon). In battle items that replenish so you don't horde them like I typically do. Seemingly shallow but I'm no hardcore SSF4 player so very enjoyable combat.  

I'm so fucking impressed and just blindsided by this game, everything about it screams dude I'll hate everything about this but damn!  Is the first game/the DBZ games this good?  All I know is these two hours and the quicklook of one DBZ game that looked pretty bad...

Nibbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nibbler
    @bhhawks78:  

I haven't played the DBZ games, but the first game is pretty similar.  
    Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tomkang

I liked the demo for this and the psp games, not sure if it is worth £40-50 tho

Avatar image for nikoalexander57
    NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By NikoAlexander57

Yeah, the game looks great. I played the demo and it was a lot of fun. Don't know if it's $60 fun, but still fun.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGodPoet

First of all I disagree with Vinny and Ryan when I say that the first DBZ games were good but the DBZ Tenkaichi series is amazing. You should really play it. Also that game they quick looked was god awful so that was a horrible first impression.

Anyway the Naruto games are actually pretty good especially the Storm one. It's nice to hear this one is amazing. 

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By bhhawks78

I should have waited because one the earliest bosses had a semi broken (maybe bugged?) attack rotation that was totally unfun and annoying to repeat after failing a few times leading to me throwing it back to gamefly.  Oh well.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By trophyhunter

I will say it is probably the prettiest game ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.