Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The third numbered game in the Ultimate Ninja Storm series promises an in-depth story mode and upgraded battle system.

Anyone picking this up?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So this game comes out in like two weeks. I'm not the biggest fan of Naruto, but I do read the manga and enjoy the games so I plan on picking this up day one. CyberConnect2 does fucking magic with the visuals, and the gameplay is crazy fun too.

I only have one friend who is picking it up though, so I could use some pals to fight against. I'll be playing on the PS3, so if you plan on getting it for that system feel free to shoot me a friend invite on PSN, TurtleBird8 is my ID. If you can't add me just leave your PSN down below and I'll add you.

Hope to see you online!

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rubberluffy

I haven't read/watched a chapter/episode in over 2 years but I'm gonna buy this because I can't help myself. Probably not at launch though. Gonna be importing CC2's JJBA All Star Battle game later this year, also. They put more effort into their licensed games than pretty much any other company.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read/watched a chapter/episode in over 2 years but I'm gonna buy this because I can't help myself. Probably not at launch though. Gonna be importing CC2's JJBA All Star Battle game later this year, also. They put more effort into their licensed games than pretty much any other company.

I totally forgot CC2 was handling that game. Might have to look into it now. I've personally always wanted them to make a One Piece or Yu Yu Hakusho game, though the latter would never happen.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I probably will be, although I've fallen way behind on Naruto anime since the battle with Pain, and in the manga since near the beginning of the war. The last thing I remember reading was Sasuke and Itachi fighting sage Oro.

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ninja Storm 2 was a pretty decent game! So if it is similar I will buy it some day, not day one, but later :)

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah I am, despite how shitty I think Naruto is right now CC2 does magic with the license. I'll be getting the PS3 version so expect to see an invite from me! Hopefully they've fixed the cross-continent online.

FluidLung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching the new trailer i made my pre-order looks freaking awesome.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow! I wasn't a fan of what they did with generations such as.removing the beautifully crafted boss battles, but I hear it's back in this one. Which reminds me, I should watch that trailer right now.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might rent this whenever my library district will get it. I was hugely disappointed with the story mode in Generations and I'm glad they're going back in the direction UNS 2 did.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dunno what a naruto is but the live show segment of this was unreal. like a good dbz raging blast.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, the next one is the one I will pick up, as they theoretically will be the last one that will have the complete story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und said:

I might rent this whenever my library district will get it. I was hugely disappointed with the story mode in Generations and I'm glad they're going back in the direction UNS 2 did.

Yeah I thought Generations story mode was crap as well. The story mode in 3 so far is pretty sweet, albeit really slow paced. They do the scenes in the game better than the anime and manga.

@mrfluke said:

Nah, the next one is the one I will pick up, as they theoretically will be the last one that will have the complete story

If they did that and didn't gimp the story mode (like Generations) that would be the longest fighting game ever.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked what I saw during that Giantbomb-Gamespot stream. I may try it out at some point. Also, I feel like they release one of these games every year. I'm probably wrong on that.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und said:

Yeah I thought Generations story mode was crap as well. The story mode in 3 so far is pretty sweet, albeit really slow paced. They do the scenes in the game better than the anime and manga.

@mrfluke said:

If they did that and didn't gimp the story mode (like Generations) that would be the longest fighting game ever.

yeaaaaa, that's exciting to me if they do that, and do it fully fledged like they do with their numbered games,

i hope with next gen systems about (and especially seeing cyberconnects logo at that ps4 event implying that they have dev kits already) it wont be gimped like generations.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked what I saw during that Giantbomb-Gamespot stream. I may try it out at some point. Also, I feel like they release one of these games every year. I'm probably wrong on that.

Not every year, but close. If you were to take out Generations (and you should because that game was dumb) there is a pretty good 2 year gap between the games. I'm betting the series will conclude sometime next year so you'll probably see less Naruto games. (Unless Namco totally goes Dragon Ball Z style and releases the games every year for the next two decades)

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the hugest Naruto fan, but my roommate bought the game and the story mode is really neat so far. Boss Battles are pretty epic and there was a beat 'em up part for Sasuke that was pretty neat. Nice to see a little bit of variety rather then just straight up fighting other characters all the time.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By lord_canti

<p>Due to a negative review on game trailers and not touching shippuden since the return arc I picked up 2 instead and quite enjoying it. I think will pick up 3 at some point but when it comes down in price a little</p>

Edit also it's £44 here

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Honestly, these CC2 games are the only reason I even give a damn about Naruto. So yes, I plan to pick this up eventually.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought about getting it. Once the price drops then maybe I'll get it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just throwing it out there for those on the fence: I would go as far to say this is perhaps the best anime based game I've ever played. I finished the story today and all I can say is wow, so superbly done. There is a particular scene that I didn't have much thought of in the anime/manga but in this game it nearly brought me to tears.

Also there's some gameplay segments towards the end that I felt were heavily inspired by Asura's Wrath (same developer) which is really badass.

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stucket

<p>I am not much of a naruto fan but I got the game for the PS3. As far as i can tell, its been a pretty awesome game so far. Totally enjoying it. Btw, does anyone know how to turn naruto into nine tail?</p>

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Morrow

I liked the first season of the show the most, after that it went pretty much downhill with only a few good episodes inbetween. But I like the characters, Kakashi the most. I played the first two games, I might get Generations and this one too, but only after a few price drops.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stucket said:

<p>I am not much of a naruto fan but I got the game for the PS3. As far as i can tell, its been a pretty awesome game so far. Totally enjoying it. Btw, does anyone know how to turn naruto into nine tail?</p>

When your health is low enough a little circle with a swirl in it is added to your chakra meter. Just keep charging your chakra (after it's already at max) and you should transform.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: As a follower of the anime and having also finished the game, I have to ask, what was the scene that you were talking about? And do you know how to unlock the final final chapter? A secret character was teased but I'm not sure who it is.

@morrow: Oh man, don't get Generations. Just jump straight to this, you won't miss a thing from having not played Generations.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lanechanger: The part when Naruto meets Kushina. Don't get me wrong they did a pretty good job in anime but how CC2 did it in the game just blows it out of the water.

And I think you have to complete most of the side missions to unlock the secret side story. Not totally sure on that though. I heard it's based on an Uchia but I can't be sure on which one.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried the demo, seemed cool.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: I thought so. I thought it was pretty similar to the anime. Ahh maybe it's Obito then, I could see them revealing him that way.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm picking this up later today. Feel free to invite me on PSN, same name everywhere. ^^

Though I'm honestly mostly getting it to drool over what is basically the best way to experience the story by now. XD

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Last time I have seen Naruto was like 10 years ago but that Wednesday show got me interested in this one.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No, but it did look cool.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@morrow said:

@lanechanger: ...is there anything wrong with Generations?

No real story mode, kind of like a recap game leading to the 4th one. They added a good number of new characters and it's more balanced than the previous one, but this game blows it out of the water.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morrow: Basically what Shadow said. At this point, if you play these games for multiplayer, the fanbase probably already moved on from Generations to Ninja Storm 3 so no point in getting it from that standpoint. If you're in it for the story mode/single player, Generations is not the best way to experience it imo. I loved the beautifully crafted boss battles that just goes full out anime in Ninja Storm 2, and that was completely removed from Generations. The one good thing about Generations' single player is that there's no longer the RPG fluff that you have to spend so much time with, it's just battles after battles. The downside to that is that the story is told with still images with voice over it like these:

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By donchipotle

I am a fan of Naruto so of course I picked this up day one.

Having put in time with it I do love how CC2 makes the fights look cooler in the game than they are in the manga/anime. And instant awakening is pretty rad, especially since I main Nagato and it's fun to go Scorpion on them then blast them away and shoot them with a lazer all in rapid sucession.

But that aside I'm kinda not a fan of how they gutted the combo strings and how they continue to waste space with five versions of Sasuke and Naruto and Gaara and such. Also Karin is still taking up space. Plus the pre-time skip characters. Yeah, I know those are in there for the Ninja Time Line thing but the game takes place midway through the series I don't think they still need to put pre-Taka Sasuke in anymore.

That sounds like gibberish I'm sure but in short I like the game but it feels like they didn't really do a whole lot new from Generations. Story stuff aside.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah i will pick it up soon but i also need to catch up on my Naruto since i toke a year long break to let the episodes stack up a bit.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morrow: the story mode in generations is very gimped and told with no care and told through still images and voice overs, unlike the numbered games.

the numbered games story modes are a lot more elaborate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donchipotle: Honestly I think the only reason they waste so many slots on the same character is to match the "80+ Playable Characters" back of the box quote. Same could be said about the stages having the same stage but at different times.

@morrow: Like the other duders said Generations is totally gimped compared to the rest of the series. Where the other games have RPG-ish elements to them Generations is a straight up fighter, with piss poor storytelling. The only thing it really had going was all the pre-time skip characters (3 has a few of the popular ones) but honestly they're pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Yeah i will pick it up soon but i also need to catch up on my Naruto since i toke a year long break to let the episodes stack up a bit.

Be prepared for a shitton of filler. I stopped watching the anime because of that and the bad animation quality. (Though I do watch scenes that were awesome in the manga)

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donchipotle: Honestly I think the only reason they waste so many slots on the same character is to match the "80+ Playable Characters" back of the box quote. Same could be said about the stages having the same stage but at different times.

Be prepared for a shitton of filler. I stopped watching the anime because of that and the bad animation quality. (Though I do watch scenes that were awesome in the manga)

Rule of thumb for watching Naruto: Skip any episodes after a canon arc ends until the canon arcs resume. Or you could just stop watching after the Pain arc because it pretty much peaked there.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow said:

@morrow said:

@lanechanger: ...is there anything wrong with Generations?

No real story mode, kind of like a recap game leading to the 4th one. They added a good number of new characters and it's more balanced than the previous one, but this game blows it out of the water.

How do you unlock characters in this new one? I really dug the brief story in Generations as I was able to play the multiplayer with all the characters pretty quickly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwristbands: Character unlocks are based on the amount of Ryo I believe. If you're itching to go online with all the characters you can try this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwristbands:

Character unlocks are based on the amount of Ryo I believe. If you're itching to go online with all the characters you can try

this

Zebracal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might pick this up. Looks good.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By phantomzxro

@turtlebird95: @donchipotle:

"Very Minor Naruto Shippuden Spoilers"

Oh yeah i know, the hardest part was them sailing to the island for Naruto's training which had many fillers, I'm only like 10 to 15 episodes behind now and i make it a point to watch every episode even the fillers and flashbacks and re re flashbacks. I have a system of most filler arcs i whip out my 3ds to past the time until things get good.

I just hate the whole Dragon Ball Z effect of fights being drawn out and you having to wait until next week to find out what happens, so i let the episodes stack up to marathon watch them.

Hopefully the peak has not capped yet but i see what you mean. The start of the fourth great ninja war has been pretty underwhelming when it has come down to the few duals that have started already.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: @donchipotle:

"Very Minor Naruto Shippuden Spoilers"

Oh yeah i know, the hardest part was them sailing to the island for Naruto's training which had many fillers, I'm only like 10 to 15 episodes behind now and i make it a point to watch every episode even the fillers and flashbacks and re re flashbacks. I have a system of most filler arcs i whip out my 3ds to past the time until things get good.

I just hate the whole Dragon Ball Z effect of fights being drawn out and you having to wait until next week to find out what happens, so i let the episodes stack up to marathon watch them.

Hopefully the peak has not capped yet but i see what you mean. The start of the fourth great ninja war has been pretty underwhelming when it has come down to the few duals that have started already.

The ninja war has been incredibly underwhelming in both the anime and manga; for me I continue to read/watch only because I've been with it so long so I have to see how it all plays out. I really hope it picks up steam because it takes an incredible amount of messing up to make a war between magic spell slinging ninjas dull.

But the worst part of Naruto fights are the flashbacks. Every single fight has like ten minutes of flashback after every single attack. It's why the Sasori fight is one of the longest in the series because it was like seven straight episodes of flashback after every attack. You've got the right idea in letting the episodes stack up before watching them. I did that after the first two arcs of Shippuden, waited for a year or two and only read the manga, and it was more enjoyable to just knock out an arc over a week instead of waiting after every single cliffhanger.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donchipotle: yep that's what i been doing pretty much, toke a 6 month break before the pain arc closed and it was awesome to marathon that arc. Hearing you say that sucks i mean you set up a story where you bring back almost every bad ass ninja from the past and you would think we would see awesome fights all over the place.

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By stucket

hey guys just a question, I noticed in the Ninja timeline page that there is a hidden chapter of sort after the ending. anyone knows how to unlock it?

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

NAAH-RUU-TOH

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished it last night. Though I thought Ninja Storm 2 had better story pacing overall, Ninja Storm 3 was also good. I didn't play Generations, but having the Substitution Justu with its own meter in Ninja Storm 3 was excellent I thought, it made the combat faster. I also noticed that the character animations were slightly better this time around.

Boss battles are as epic as ever, though I must say I felt Ninja Storm 2 had more of them. The QTE's seemed to have reduced in frequency. And as @turtlebird95 had mentioned, that one scene was very well done, even better than the manga and anime. Though some may complain about the length of it (its pretty long), but i was in tears by the end of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.