Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Naruto

Franchise »

Naruto is a popular anime and manga created by Masashi Kishimoto, which has expanded into video games in the last five years. The Protagonist is Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja whose dream is to be the next Hokage.

Naruto Shippuuden sub gone for good?

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Vanek

Naruto fans be warned;  The subtitled version of Naruto Shippuuden episode 67 could be your last.

The chances are that anyone reading this is a Naruto fan.  If not, you should be.  Anyway, for any Naruto fans the chances are that you read the manga and/or watch the show.  If you watch the show right now your only option, if you want to watch the Shippuuden series, is to find it online.  While there are plenty of websites that host the sub there appears to be very few who actually subtitle it themselves, with most downloading it from another website and hosting it on their own.  The most popular subtitle group for Naruto Shippuuden is without a doubt Dattebayo.  Over the years they have grown into a very popular and well known fan subbing group, known for their quality work and odd sense of humour.  Dattebayo have been subtitling Naruto Shippuuden from day one, but they could be dropping the Naruto Shippuuden series for good.

It's no secret that the people at Dattebayo like to have a laugh, and most of the time this is at the user’s expense.  They have "dropped" the show before in the past, but evidently it was a hoax.  This time however they claim they are serious.  Most people reading this that watch a Naruto Shippuuden sub probably will think it doesn't matter, but be warned, the chances are wherever you watch the Naruto Shippuuden sub probably got it from Dattebayo.  You could well be about to lose your only source of Naruto Shippuuden for good.

My question, for anyone who cares, is do you think Dattebayo are genuinely serious this time?  --And if so, will you mind having to wait for either another subtitle group to pick it up, and risk a lower quality translation, or for the English version to catch up?

Serious comments only please.  If you don't like the show, please don't bother posting.

buyj3llo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By buyj3llo

1. I doubt their serious

2. If they are, somebody else will do it. Naruto is way to popular to just sit around untranslated.

3. I appreciate them for doing it, but I don't see whats so special about their particular translation. It's not like their translating Shakespeare.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By fr0br0

Time to learn to read subtitles.

capitanm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By capitanm1

Yeah if they drop Naruto Shippuden then some other group will just take it.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Batman

Dattebayo are always claiming their getting rid of the show.  I don't think they will anytime soon.  Can you imagine how much their fanbase would drop if they did?

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Kane

whats the difference between naruto and naruto shippuuden im only at episode 23 in naruto so please dont spoil it if possible

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Batman
    Kane said:
    "

whats the difference between naruto and naruto shippuuden im only at episode 23 in naruto so please dont spoil it if possible

"
    Shippuuden takes place 2 years after the episode 135 of regular Naruto.  Every episode between 135 and Shippuuden is filler and you shouldn't watch it because it sucks.
    Koopa_kid12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#8  Edited By Koopa_kid12

Well, to tell the truth i'm not really bothered if Dattebayo give it up, there is a website called www.anime6.org that host links to all the subtitled Naruto, and Naruto Shippuudens, aswell as any other anime and manga!

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Otacon

Seriously doubt they will.

AnimeKaijuFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By AnimeKaijuFan

Well if you're like me and just starting Naruto Shippuuden you can watch it on www.naruto.com, now you can also watch the latest episodes from japan evrey thursday.

isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By isaiah

I'm willing to bet cash they are being legit this one time.  Mainly because the deal worked out with crunchyroll.com to host the shows.  Someones trying to make money off the show now, and whenever there is money there are lawyers.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Demyx

crunchyroll will be taking care of it. You can watch it a week after it airs in japan for free. But for a small fee, you can catch it the next day. Or something like that.

Also from hulu.com:

Beginning January 15, Hulu will stream direct from Japan the most recent subtitled, uncut episode of Naruto Shippuden each Thursday (starting with Episode 89).

Episodes from the first two seasons of Naruto Shippuden will also be released -- 8 episodes each Friday -- starting January 2.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shadow

There will always be someone doing that series.  It's by far the most popular out there.  The only reason you only see Datebayo is because they are by far the best and the fastest so people don't bother with any others.

Andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andrew

Dattebayo WILL STOP subbing Naruto: Shippuuden... its some kind of legal thing?... something about Viz is going to start subbing them on their own, charging us for day one viewing, and giving away for free a week later.

Legit?... Maybe.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

You can now watch the episodes legally subbed from Viz.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Dattebayo the scum of the subbing community or the anime community for that matter.
    They are abusing of their audiance in nearly every way going as far as banning you for even the simplest questions, even gloating over the fact they will ban you from downloading episodes from them for asking the simplest questions.

Whats funny is how is what they do legal? Subbing? okay but they OFFER full episodes of a show how is this not piracy?
    They are the enternal snobs they have something they can do good and lord it over any one that watchs it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By TheHT

Weird. VERY weird.

Bah, as long as we can still watch it free.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vanek
    Well, that's them finished with Naruto as of now.  I read somewhere, probably on their site, that they're stopping because they no longer enjoy Naruto and also because of Viz subbing it online for free.  It's a shame but I can't say I really care all that much.  I do still watch Naruto, when I remember, but I don't care about it as much as I did a year ago, so waiting a week for an episode is fine.  

WilliamRLBaker
    said:
    "Dattebayo the scum of the subbing community or the anime community for that matter.
    They are abusing of their audiance in nearly every way going as far as banning you for even the simplest questions, even gloating over the fact they will ban you from downloading episodes from them for asking the simplest questions.

Whats funny is how is what they do legal? Subbing? okay but they OFFER full episodes of a show how is this not piracy?
    They are the enternal snobs they have something they can do good and lord it over any one that watchs it."

Is that not a bit much?  I know they have a habbit of banning people but generally it's with good reason.  They provide a free service and they get abusive emails and questions that are mostly answered in their FAQ or just ridiculous.  If you email them with something sensible you won't get banned, but if you ask things like "can you put it up as [insert file type nobody has heard of]" or something plain retarded like "can you change the story???" they will ban you.

Oh, and what they do is likely piracy, but was anyone actually disputing that?
    Ruriko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ruriko
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#20  Edited By gla55jAw

i miss dattebayo's sub of naruto. luckily they still do bleach.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.