Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA 2K12

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

2011 edition of the 2K's NBA franchise.

Possible to import classic teams into season/franchise mode?

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#1  Edited By MightyDuck

In last year's game I had a blast importing the classic teams into my season mode, etc.

Is this still an option for this years game?

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By iceman228433

Ok here is what you have to do and it sucks. You unlock the old teams but you can't trade or assign the legend players which sucks. When you are a franchise mode you can restructure the teams, so you can take out say the current Bulls and swap em with the 1996 bulls if you want. The problem is you lose all the players that were on the current bulls team like Derick Rose. What i did which sucked is take every good player from every current team and drop them to the free agent list. Then i started up the Franchise and swapped out all the current teams for the Classic ones and set it to fantasy draft that way i got all the Classic players and the new players in the League. It is a pain in the ass but is the only work around i could find, hope this helps.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#3  Edited By MightyDuck

Sounds good!

Thanks for the info. My plan was to take a lot of the 90's classic teams and substitute them in for their current day counterparts. I was a HUGE fan of the Bulls back in 90's, so I was psyched about playing as them again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.