Jay Z - waste of money

kubazse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kubazse

Seriously, did he just charge for putting his name on the box? The music sucks. They took out Curtis Blow's 'Basketball' which was a great theme from last year's game. Things like U2 and Coldplay seriously don't fit. Hope they don't pull this trick again.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Doctorchimp

But he married beyonce.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
    Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Gladiator_Games

I wondered this as well.. Ive not played a basketball game in many a year, and that.. Addition.. Does not make me eager to get this one. Whats next? Madden 2013, executive produced by Cannibal Corpse, and MLB: The Show exec produced by Insane Clown Posse?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You crazy for this one Rick!

scalpel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scalpel

I don't know, I think the long-awaited addition of Justin Bieber makes up for it.

Molenator85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Molenator85

I really like the soundtrack, but that is of course completely subjective. The addition of the celebrity team is not great though, and if he had anything to do with the menus, then he should stick to music.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Gladiator_Games
    I wondered this as well.. Ive not played a basketball game in many a year, and that.. Addition.. Does not make me eager to get this one. Whats next? Madden 2013, executive produced by Cannibal Corpse, and MLB: The Show exec produced by Insane Clown Posse?!
    I would play a Death Metal football game so yes please. As long as the violence matches the lyrics of Cannibal Corpse.
    The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By The_Nubster

@Gladiator_Games said:

By the sounds of Alex's review, it just seems like celebrity sports games are a by-product of a too-long generation. When the new consoles come out, they'll reset and you'll be safe for another 7-10 years.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sissylion

I would play a video game whose soundtrack consisted entirely of Jay-Z songs, provided they were, you know, good Jay-Z songs. Dude picked some really mediocre tracks for this game.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Th3_James

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Gladiator_Games
    I would play a Death Metal football game so yes please. As long as the violence matches the lyrics of Cannibal Corpse.

I Cum Blood probably wouldn't fit with a football game, but I would like to see them try.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thedj93

ITS THE ILLUMINATI!

lol just kidding

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By huntad

So is NBA2k12 a better game? I was thinking of getting one of them, so I'm just curious.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iceman228433

@huntad said:

So is NBA2k12 a better game? I was thinking of getting one of them, so I'm just curious.

They each have one major flaw from what i can see 2k12 was the passing game was a mess, defenders would steal your passes way to much. 2k13 there are way to many offensive Rebounds it's kind of nuts just how many there are. Also in the my career mode it seems like there can be some rubber band AI going on in the key games. Oh ye and fuck that sound track I like Jay-z but he picked some of the worst songs he has.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By yetiantics

Music doesn't bother me. Its the presentation. If there was one thing about NBA 2K12 is that the presentation looked like a sports broadcast. Now, with all the swirls and the crown, it looks like Kanye West took over Fox Sports and stamped all this nonsense to their presentation.

BTW, this is the 2nd 2K Game to have Kanye West's "Amazing" in the soundtrack. NBA 2K11 was the first.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By zoozilla

@huntad said:

I'm wondering too. If NBA 2K13 isn't too much of an improvement, I'll probably get 2K12 for cheap.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By huntad

@iceman228433 said:

@huntad said:

They each have one major flaw from what i can see 2k12 was the passing game was a mess, defenders would steal your passes way to much. 2k13 there are way to many offensive Rebounds it's kind of nuts just how many there are. Also in the my career mode it seems like there can be some rubber band AI going on in the key games. Oh ye and fuck that sound track I like Jay-z but he picked some of the worst songs he has.

Oh cool, thanks for the breakdown. I might still pick up 2k12 then.

@dudeglove said:

Avril Lavigne was in that FIFA game; I don't see the problem.

Weird, cause now I see two problems.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iceman228433

@huntad said:

@iceman228433 said:

@huntad said:

Oh cool, thanks for the breakdown. I might still pick up 2k12 then.

@dudeglove said:

Avril Lavigne was in that FIFA game; I don't see the problem.

Weird, cause now I see two problems.

I think you should go with 2k12 or 11 for that matter they will be way cheaper and they are awesome I put over 120 hours into 2k11.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wjb

When has a developer ever used the same songs consecutive years? And besides, 95% of sports game soundtracks are garbage. That's part of the appeal now.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maystack

I think 2k13 is the better game, but I much preffered the 12 soundtrack. There are a couple of good songs in 13, but stuff like Coldplay just doesn't sit well.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By musubi

Being able to play Justin Beiber in a basketball game is the closest I'd come to actually wanting to play a sports game. Cause fuck sports games. So more Beiber and Jay-Z please.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Revan_NL

The one thing that really annoys me is the menu. It wasn't great or usefull in NBA 2k12 but they made it an even larger clusterfuck in NBA 2k13.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By buzz_killington

Don't hate the player, man, hate the game. *commits painful suicide*

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShaggE

NBA 2K14: All "Sweet Georgia Brown", All The Time.

Make it so.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Only reason Jay-Z is advertised on the front box for this game is cause of the Nets move to Brooklyn. Besides you can only go down after advertising Jordan on 2k11 as your front man.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By jakob187

@Gladiator_Games said:

Madden 2013, executive produced by Cannibal Corpse

O______________O

TAKE.

MY.

FUCKING.

MONEY.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By coakroach

I agree that Jay-Z, both inside and outside of this game, is a tremendous waste of everyones time and money

ducktionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ducktionary

I like the Jay-Z involvement. He brings a certain amount of cache when his name is listed on a product. Could have picked some better tracks though. I am a huge Daft Punk fan, but Around the World, not exactly a song to ball to. If I were Jay-Z I would have just put a bunch of my own stuff and Kanye. Not like there are many better at what they do. The 2K series should push forward with these kind of tracks though, more rap less rock. Maybe they could do it themselves next time though instead of Jay-Z. They are also very good at what they do.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By Levio

The obligatory next step for the genre is to stop paying royalties to these stars and just use virtual J-Pop idols like HATSUNE MIKU

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.