PC players get the shaft, once again.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JCTango

So I was wondering why steam didn't allow us to pre-order this year's NBA 2K iteration... looks like it won't be available until the 16th for download.

I was hoping (naively) that 2k would fix some of the problems of past versions and work on the pc version a bit to make it a least on par with its console counterparts... looks like it's another year for pc NBA 2K fans to sigh once again.

Compared to the console versions, here's what we'll be missing:

Game Modes

• MyTEAM
    • Preorder All Star Weekend (dunk contest, 3pt contest)

Game Features

• MyCloset for MyPLAYER
    • VC Currency System (the game uses the console’s “offline” skill point system for MyCAREER)
    • Unlockable Blacktop Stars (on consoles they can be purchased with VC; not in PC version)

• Playing Against Specific Opponents (including friends)
    • 3-on-3 Blacktop with MyPLAYERs

Graphics

• Self-Shadowing on Players
    • Advanced Stadium Lighting (colored lights in crowd)

Source

It's not a total write-off, but still kind of a bummer... and I was looking forward to checking out the dunk contest too... however weird that mode is. As long as the gameplay is good though, and MyPlayer is still fun... I guess I can tolerate this.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

What is the mod community like for these 2K games? You think the features you miss out of the box might get recouped by awesome community contributions?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

People play sports games on the PC?

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JCTango

@HistoryInRust: The mod community is alright, they do some graphical and roster modifications, but stuff like the dunk contest and such... I doubt people will be able to put those in the game. I could do away with the MyTeam stuff, as I wasn't too interested in that stuff, but 3-on-3 blacktop with myplayers would've been fun =(.... and I really was looking forward to the dunk contest...

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JCTango

@Ravenlight: I don't see what's wrong with that, haha. I do have an xbox360 controller xD.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

Yeah, sports games are the only games I wouldn't play on PC...but then again I never cared about sports games since Rockstar's Table Tennis.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@JCTango said:

@Ravenlight: I don't see what's wrong with that, haha. I do have an xbox360 controller xD.

Nothing wrong with it, I'd just never really thought about it before :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.