NBA 2K7 is a realistic basketball game developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports for the Xbox 360, Xbox, and PlayStation 2 on September 25, 2006. The eighth installment of the NBA 2K franchise, NBA 2K7 covers a customizable 2006/2007 NBA season while improving the online play and adding the unique play styles of every athlete (dubbed "signature style").
The game was later published for the PlayStation 3 on November 13, 2006 as a launch title for the seventh-generation console. NBA 2K7 is also the last game in the series to be released on the original Xbox.
The cover athlete of NBA 2K7 is Shaquille O'Neal of the Miami Heat (for the second year in a row).
Heading the soundtrack for NBA 2K7 was San Francisco Hip-Hop Producer DanThe Automator. Dan is best known for his work on the debut Gorillaz album, Deltron 3030, Dr. Octagon, and Handsome Boy Modeling School. Other Artist included on the soundtrack were Lupe Fiasco, E-40, Mos Def, Hieroglyphics, GhostfaceKillah, Slim Thug, and Fabolous.
- Dan The Automator - "Intro"
- Slim Thug - "I Love This Game"
- Rhymefest - "Bang The Ball"
- Hieroglyphics - "Don't Hate The Player"
- Fabolous - "Ball Til You Fall"
- Aceyalone & Rakaa of Dilated Peoples – Champions"
- E-40 & San Quinn - "Baller Blockin'"
- Ghostface & A.G. of D.I.T.C. - "2K007"
- Lupe Fiasco & Evidence of Dilated Peoples - "Catch Me"
- Mos Def & Anwar Superstar - "Here Comes The Champ"
- Charli 2na of Jurassic 5 - "Anchor Man"
- A Tribe Called Quest - "Lyrics To Go (Remix)"
- Zion I - "Fade Away"