Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA Jam

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Return to the roots of arcade NBA basketball in the 2010 installment of NBA Jam. Developed by EA Canada for seventh-generation game consoles, this rebirth brings back the gameplay, aesthetics, and gratuitous secrets of the original 1993 arcade game.

E3 Quick Impressions: NBA Jam

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By dantebk

Would you be interested in playing NBA Jam again but with updated rosters?  You're in luck, because EA Sports is releasing that very thing for the Wii.  You can shove each other, throw out elbows, do crazy dunks, and if you get three in a row the ball catches on fire.  I couldn't hear it that well on the E3 floor, but someone was definitely shouting out crazy stuff when we hit dunks.  Also, at one point the glass did shatter when the mascot did a pretty intense dunk.  It feels great, it looks good, and it was very satisfying to play as Kobe and Gasol against the Thunder (who, by default, include their mascot in the two-person team).  I got a kick out of the different frozen facial expressions the players would adopt.

The controls felt good, playing with the Wii remote and nunchuck.  At first I thought it would be annoying to have to flick the Wii remote up in order to begin a shot and then down to execute it (you also flick it up to block when on defense) but after a few plays it felt fine and I was executing dunks, lay-ups, and three-pointers without a second thought.  From the demo, I don't know if there will be any other modes or anything to justify whatever they're charging for it, considering it's basically a SNES game, but if you're an old school NBA Jam fan like I am then you shouldn't miss it.

If you have any questions, comment and I will try to answer. 

dantebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dantebk

Would you be interested in playing NBA Jam again but with updated rosters?  You're in luck, because EA Sports is releasing that very thing for the Wii.  You can shove each other, throw out elbows, do crazy dunks, and if you get three in a row the ball catches on fire.  I couldn't hear it that well on the E3 floor, but someone was definitely shouting out crazy stuff when we hit dunks.  Also, at one point the glass did shatter when the mascot did a pretty intense dunk.  It feels great, it looks good, and it was very satisfying to play as Kobe and Gasol against the Thunder (who, by default, include their mascot in the two-person team).  I got a kick out of the different frozen facial expressions the players would adopt.

The controls felt good, playing with the Wii remote and nunchuck.  At first I thought it would be annoying to have to flick the Wii remote up in order to begin a shot and then down to execute it (you also flick it up to block when on defense) but after a few plays it felt fine and I was executing dunks, lay-ups, and three-pointers without a second thought.  From the demo, I don't know if there will be any other modes or anything to justify whatever they're charging for it, considering it's basically a SNES game, but if you're an old school NBA Jam fan like I am then you shouldn't miss it.

If you have any questions, comment and I will try to answer. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.