Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

Anyone else been playing Burnout again in preparation for this?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By FreakAche

I recently decided to go back to playing Burnout Paradise in anticipation for Hot Pursuit. I've already done mostly everything in that game, but just the other day, I sat down with a map of the city on my laptop and finished up all the Billboards. I'm debating whether or not I should try to go for all the smashes, which I'm afraid might be a massive undertaking. I may just have to accept the fact that I will never get all of them.

Has anyone else gone back to Paradise or another Burnout game in preparation for Criterion's take on Need for Speed?

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

Nope. After nearly 250 hours, I have 102% on my Paradise license, and 100% on my Big Surf license. I have no reason to go back now.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

Playing the original Hot Pursuit would be much better preparation than any Burnout game, by far. Also I never understood the whole idea of playing a supposedly similar game to prep for a game that's about to come out. That'll just burn you out faster on the new game, no pun intended.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

No, but more relevantly I've been playing Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit. That shit got me into racing games to begin with. I loved that game to death, and it's still pretty fun! 

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By falconer
    @XII_Sniper: Almost the same here. Hot Pursuit 2 was sooo awesome. I had no idea what I was doing, but it was fun as hell.
    GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By GS_Dan

Actually went back into Paradise the other week, completely unrelated. 
    Never got into it before that but, damn. That game's great. We had a laugh in the party mode too.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

Yeah, I was playing Burnout Paradise City, but not for preparation, more to test my new graphics card. BPC was great, and card made it look better than ever before.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Edwardryu

prepare? why? are you usually prepared for game? that's funny. just play damn game. if you play game a lot, you should be ready for it no matter what.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By falconer
    @Edwardryu: There is an influx in traffic for series like Halo and Call of Duty before the release of a new game. It's not uncommon dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.