Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

Autolog: Problems connecting, ruining entire game experience.

RichLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By RichLee

So I just got the game, literally played one race just now.  I realized the game can't connect to this "Autolog" thing....I thought maybe my xbox live wasn't connected so I quit out and restarted.  Nope, xbox live is fine...just the game can't connect to autolog. 

It wouldn't be a big deal at all, I don't know anyone else playing the game.  I just wanted to play some of the single player for the time being.  But the damn game tries to connect to autolog after the race too...locking up everything for about 30 seconds.  I've also read online that it will wipe out any multiplayer games as well when it tries to do this.  WTF???  Is there a fix for this???

vaportra1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaportra1l

I had some problems yesterday connecting to autolog even though I was on xbox live just fine.  Restarting my xbox seemed to get me back in.

zerok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By zerok

Sometimes it seems like all of EA's server infrastructure has some problems. Yesterday the connection with Autolog was shaky at best and the two days ago EA Sports Active 2 had similar problems which, thanks to modal dialogs every couple of seconds that tell you that it's trying to connect to EA's server, was even more annoying.

gunstarhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By gunstarhero

hi i have been haveing a problem also it will not let me get to the autolog sign in, i have a link to the ea support forum that i am posting up dates on , 
    this is the error i get . 
    1. CONNECTION FAILED   
    2.    You must be signed in to Xbox LIVE and the EA servers in order to access the online features of this title.   
    3.    Error Code: 40010000   
       http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/4210389.page 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.