Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

Free DLC...Does not work...not for me...

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Sin4profit

...so says...Mr.Stewert. 

So i've DLed the v1.1 "pack" today...kinda strange they made it an optional update rather then a system update.  
    (after some research i found this quote;  " Title updates on the Xbox 360 are restricted to 4MB in size, so anything beyond that must be released as a separate download.") 

As it is, you don't have access to the 3 cars in the pack, the new events show up as red irons on your career map and when you select them you have to "buy" the pack from the in game store.  
    Problem is, when i try to buy the pack, for all of 0 microsoft points, the menue to buy lags for a moment and then just disappears. 

I've heard from others in my research that there seem to be gameplay tweaks as well. when playing online today it seems as though if you drop a spike strip when someone's right behind you they will drive right over it...i've experienced this and have heard a few reports of it from others.  

Speaking of updates, i really think they need to add new modes to the game....1vs1 gameplay just seems pointless these days without a split screen option. They really need to make an free roaming interceptor mode that can work with more then 2 players.

As far as the tweaks, I don't know if it's my absence from the game or the new update. Anyone else having similar problems?      

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond
    @Sin4profit:  MS has lifted the limit on large title updates, I see >4MB updates pretty often now.

But I haven't seen the patch yet, I'll have to check it.
    blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By blalala

Saw the same thing (which is the way they seem to do it, was also that way in Burnout Paradise). The weird thing is though that the DLC already shows up in the store, which seems like an error ( 0 MSP?!). It'll probably unlock on the 21st but it would've been nice if it had stayed hidden...

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4  Edited By Sin4profit
    @blalala: Ah, so it isn't even officially released yet? that must be what the issue is. a little annoying to see events on my career map that i can't even do yet.
    JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

I declined the patch update by accident now it wont appear when i load up the game, where can i find the latest patch?

blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blalala
    @JellyFish_Gsus:  It's in the marketplace, either on the 360 or via xbox.com
    JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus
    @blalala: Thanks I couldn't find it on the marketplace but I completely forgot you could download of  xbox.com. Cheers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.