Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

NfS:HP Community Growing?

Blur_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Blur_Fan

I recently picked this game up, because it was crazy cheap at Best Buy the other.  Holy shit, I'm glad I did.  This game is fantastic. 

Anyway, I feel like the community for this game keeps growing, like any good sleeper hit.  I instantly find races online, and AutoLog is a breath of fresh air for online connectivity.  Maybe it's because of people like me, finding this game cheap recently, but I'm glad it is.  Anyone else noticing this, particularly the Day 1 people?

dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dpedal1

I agree I just picked it up and am enjoying it very much so, and I am not even a driving game fan, but it getting so much GOTY attention/discussion made me pick it up with a giftcard.  

Are you on PSN or XBOX live.  If PSN, shoot me a friend request as I am still trying to fill out my autolog.  PSN ID: DPedal1  

Loving the snapshot feature also!!

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

how much does it cost right now?

dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dpedal1

It was normal price at BB when I picked it up, with a GC I payed $20, but I will say it is totally worth the full $60, there is an infinite amount of replayablity, in attempting to beat times and earn gold medals and such, the autolog feature truly is worthy of all the praise it is receiving.

Avatar image for magicallystoopid
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Magicallystoopid

Well I think it's community size was never in question since it's a Need For Speed game, and brand recognition has always been good. Really when it comes to Need For Speed even when it's at it's worst *cough*Undercover*cough* the gameplay is still really fun.

Either way though I think it's a case of people are showing up cause it's NFS, and staying because it's fucking awesome.

Edit: When I got it, it was 45 bucks at Best Buy, but that was like early-mid December...

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ZoomyRamen

Just picked this up myself, add me on XBL! ZoomyRamen.  

As for the game, its incredible, first racing I've actually enjoyed through and through and really want to play for a long period of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.